US Vogue January 2019 : Priyanka Chopra by Annie Leibovitz

Well, VERY happy with the final result. Digital cover may be trite, but this is a classic US Vogue cover. Love the rich, warm tones for January, and her hair looks effortless yet great. I don't get the dress and that belt. Can anyone ID please? Tom Ford?

So much for all the talk that she's not only wearing her wedding dress, but sharing the cover with Jonas? :rolleyes:

after all the comings and goings, gotta say that I love the final cover specially the color scheme. I could do without the belt though...

Wonderful classic American Vogue cover featuring a new face! I’m glad it isn’t the wedding dress but instead this sultry Tom Ford number, I personally love the use of the belt.

Give credit where credit is due. This is stunning. One of the best January covers I've seen from them.

Its quintessential US Vogue. I like it. Although the shot with the red dress/coat(?) would've made a stunning cover

Although, the SJW in me cringed with "and landing the man of her dreams". I would've stopped with Breaking Barriers. But we know how US Vogue loves weddings and fairytales (?)

Thank you, Melancholybaby!

Wonderful classic American Vogue cover featuring a new face! I’m glad it isn’t the wedding dress but instead this sultry Tom Ford number, I personally love the use of the belt.

Yeah, I dunno about the belt. Lol. But I am somewhat gutted that this was shot so soon. Imagine her in the same setting, but dressed in Chanel's Egypt collection released yesterday.

Either way, still a strong entry into 2019.

Wow this is so good, after witnessing 2 tragic digital covers, this is like heaven.

You know what killed this cover?

Knowing that a terrible digital cover exists and how badly that was released? The early release killed the hype tbh.

Or maybe it was a strategy. Release a bad digital cover and a stellar print cover so people would be more enthralled to buy the print edition. I can't even find words as to how bad the former was.

Finally, a stunning, beautiful and classical cover. Priyanka is powerful and heavenly. Totally love this. I don't mind the belt actually, but placing it with a baroque one will be better.

Wow, she looks so beautiful - such a stunning cover. However, January will unfortunately forever remain in everyone's mind as the absolute worst VUS stunt ever pulled, no matter how stunning Priyanka is on the newsstand cover...

Very pleasantly surprised. Stunning cover. I love the colours. And she looks drop dead gorgeous.

Thank god they came up with this for the print issue because that digital debacle was just plain bad. This cover is stunning, Priyanka looks gorgeous - when Annie gets it right, she's gets it really right. The colours are beautiful, the setting is lovely and she looks really, really beautiful - I love it.

I hope Vogue delivers something more consistent for 2019. This last year was a bit all over the place - the photography, art direction and layouts for the covers felt like they were from different magazines at times. They're off to a good start with this and I hope Anna finds her groove again, and that she and the team have a clear direction/identity for Vogue going forward...although the impending Bieber situation has me worried. But now that I think about it, continuing to feature dull celebrity couples of questionable merit is, at the very least, a clear direction. Consistently bad is still consistent!

This is a stunning cover, but im not sure about the red masthead and text in her arm, i will wait for a HQ version of this

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jozwiakanja
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->