US Vogue January 2022 : Olivia Wilde by Annie Leibovitz

You can read it in the caption

"@oliviawilde’s feverishly anticipated feature film, Don’t Worry Darling, isn’t even out yet, but the actor-filmmaker is already reinventing the Hollywood machine—and she’s happier than ever."

This?

"Don't Worry Darling is scheduled to be released on September 23, 2022 by Warner Bros. Pictures."

So, no?

Don't get me wrong, I like Olivia, just kinda felt random timing and I was wondering if she had something out to promote.

Gorgeous cover and surprising choice! I love it all. US Vogue has been very hit and miss with their covers the past couple of years, but when they keep it simple and fresh like this, it always works.

I just wish the paper quality was better and that they put some more content in the issues - it baffles me how UK Vogue has the budget to have beautiful thick glossy cover paper and multiple editorials per issue, but US Vogue is constantly pamphlet thin...

Multicovers? Anyway, she should got a cover in 2008 and so. It took so long. So unexpected as Amanda Seyfried cover years ago. I love it. Kudos Anna.

Is the logo in purple? I can't see well. They're really experimenting with colors.

I do wonder what made c list actress Olivia Wilde suddenly relevant enough for a cover…LOL

"@oliviawilde’s feverishly anticipated feature film, Don’t Worry Darling, isn’t even out yet, but the actor-filmmaker is already reinventing the Hollywood machine—and she’s happier than ever."

This?

"Don't Worry Darling is scheduled to be released on September 23, 2022 by Warner Bros. Pictures."

So, no?

Don't get me wrong, I like Olivia, just kinda felt random timing and I was wondering if she had something out to promote.
They probably just wanted to be first to get the harry goss and all the other months are a bit too big for her to front

Are they the first couple to have individual Vogue covers? That's kind of interesting.

Otherwise, no disrespect, but she's not getting that cover without the context of her relationship.

the colours are gorgeous and Olivia looks beautiful IMO.
location shot wise, feels like the Grand Canyon’s been US Vogue choice of late…

about her relevancy for being in the cover: up she’s setting herself as a director, (Booksmart had very good ratings) and and hopefully she will also succeed with her next project (mentioned in the caption).

I actually like this. I love how the colors they've been using are muted

I enjoy this a lot. It feels very fresh, love the sunset and Olivia looks great. Nice to see a somewhat unexpected choice, I'm not that familiar with her work but her directional debut got a lot of positive buzz and I'm looking forward to see Don't Worry Darling, so good for her on getting this cover!

OLIVIA WILDE IS LIVING HER BEST LIFE
Photography:
Annie Leibovitz
Styling: Gabriella Karefa-Johnson
Hair: Edward Lampley
Make-Up: Grace Ahn
Model/Celebrity: Olivia Wilde

vogue.com

The editorial is beautiful!

Are they the first couple to have individual Vogue covers? That's kind of interesting.

Otherwise, no disrespect, but she's not getting that cover without the context of her relationship.

Olivia Wilde is an accomplished, and acclaimed film Director in her own right. The idea that Anna gave her a cover, because she's dating a pop star, is absurd, and deeply disrespectful to her. Also, the women who read Vogue, couldn't care less about Harry Styles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cerezitas
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->