US Vogue July 2016 : Amy Schumer by Annie Leibovitz

ChicSaks

Reaction score
amy-schumer-vogue-july-2016-cover-holding.jpg

vogue.com

Last edited by a moderator:
"no", that's my instinctual reaction when i saw the pic, but seems better with the white text

For crying out loud, this can't be the best cover shot they had!!! Her face looks especially unflattering here!!

I just don't like her and it's not for VOGUE.

For someone who is a comedian, she looks pretty pissed.

vogue's video is more attractive than the cover these days

This feels like a redo of Katy Perry's July 2013 cover for Vogue. The red dress. Green background / grass.

I wanted a fun cover :-( I wanted to see her smile with her hair wind blown and a blurry city background. :-( but we get this. It's a decent cover, but it screams CHRISTMAS.

The main problem I have with it, aside from the fact that it doesn't look very good, is that it's clearly an autumn spread meant to be published in August or September. I think it was a rushed decision to release it in July because neither the styling nor the timing (Inside Amy Schumer's fourth season wraps up this Thursday) are suitable for it.

Can't stand her and its another basic Leibovitz shoot.

LOL at that cover.

I don't get why this girl is getting so much hate on TFS... yes, it's not the best cover but the amount of bad covers that we see on this forum every day...

I'm sure there are more delicate ways of saying it, but why fuss with semantics, she looks awful on that cover. It is full time someone puts a stop to Annie's tirade of miserable covers.

I agree, even after three consecutive covers by Mert Alas & Marcus Piggott, Anna should've stuck with M&M this month too. We've just seen Amy Schumer by Annie Leibovitz on Vanity Fair and now this.. which just doesn't leave an impression on me whatsoever.

US Vogue has been on a role with amazing covers all year and they just ruined it with this Amy cover!

I don't think she's funny and she isn't very photogenic at all, but I'm sure there was a better photo?!? Allure Magazine and Vogue should have switched cover models for this month.

So who's on the August cover?

Horrible face on that shot! And I simply cannot abide Amy Schumer, so that makes it worse for me. Even though I expected this cover, didn't think the shot to be this bad. It is indeed a rehash of Katy Perry's one, although much inferior in all ways.

The opening shot of her lounging on the bench looks good. The rest, not so much. She cannot carry hf very well. Glad to get a break from M&M and their overly saturated covers for Vogue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->