US Vogue July 2016 : Amy Schumer by Annie Leibovitz

The main problem I have with it, aside from the fact that it doesn't look very good, is that it's clearly an autumn spread meant to be published in August or September. I think it was a rushed decision to release it in July because neither the styling nor the timing (Inside Amy Schumer's fourth season wraps up this Thursday) are suitable for it.
Nope, she was 100% always fated for the July cover, it was not rushed at all. And actually now that you mention it, i always feel like their July issues are heavy with Fall previews, its so stupid! Let us enjoy the summer a bit, why start yapping about Fall in July already, sigh!

It's as if they've tried to shoehorn Amy into the typical US Vogue cover formula, but gave up halfway through the process, not bothering to get a flattering angle for her face. I like the 'real' feel of it, but it's also doing her no favours.

And given the glamour-girl red dress, it also looks like an out-take from her recent Vanity Fair cover, like she went outside the studio for a moment, to sit on the grass and get some air, and someone took a picture when she wasn't ready to pose.

Now this is the Vogue I know and love! Amy looks fantastic! I think she is a wonderfully skilled comedian and very intuitive about overexposure. This cover makes me so happy because it reminds me of one of my all time favourite summer covers with Amber Valleta (from the 90s). Summer, for me, is green grass. Maybe it's because I'm Canadian and we have lush green lawns for like two minutes in June. XD! Meanwhile, that editorial is stunning and I kind of hate Annie's work most of the time. Gosh... this is seriously the most excited I've been for Vogue in ages!

Ouch. That is not a good angle. My main issue with it is that it simply just doesn't look like her? The editorial is awful also, it's all so forced. The best shot is her on the bench in the trench, but even that's not great.

I agree, even after three consecutive covers by Mert Alas & Marcus Piggott, Anna should've stuck with M&M this month too. We've just seen Amy Schumer by Annie Leibovitz on Vanity Fair and now this.. which just doesn't leave an impression on me whatsoever.

I've got nothing against Amy. I think Anna needs to retire and rotate the leadership for US Vogue.

I just remember when gorgeous models adorned the cover of US Vogue. Now just about anyone can be on the cover - as evidenced this month (and many others prior to July).

Sad. I thought Vogue was primarily a fashion magazine - not Vanity Fair or Entertainment Weekly.

For crying out loud, this can't be the best cover shot they had!!! Her face looks especially unflattering here!!

Exactly - and what's with the long sleeved red dress - this doesn't look like a July cover - it looks like December or January material.

I would like it more if she would be smiling on it. I like the pose, and the colors. And she looks pretty.

This is so not meant to be in Vogue. You could tell me these were additional photos from her Vanity Fair spread, and I would believe you.

I really like Amy, but the PR machine behind her is just crazy. As others have mentioned, the timing is super weird since it's not like she has a major new project at the moment.

"Blah blah blah blah" - this thread

I agree with the comment about it looking like the KP cover rehashed. I adore Amy, and can't wait to get this. She's far more interesting than Margot Robbie, Alicia Vikander, Taylor Swift, Rihanna, Adele, etc.

Nice dress, weird pose, and uninterested face in the cover. Shame.

Yes! I love Amy, I think she's brilliant and I loved her movie Trainwreck. Contrary to most people in this thread, I actually like the cover. I like how vibrant the red is and I enjoy her pose, even though the whole lying/sitting in a field thing is a Leibovitz go-to.

It's also great to see a fresh face and a new type of star to grace the cover: a comedian. Yes, there have been plenty of funny actresses on the cover but this is different and I really appreciate it.

i wish the editorial had the fun and the energy that was in the video...
and sorry i don't buy the "she's not high fashion" mantra, vogue isn't always high fashion...
ultimately i think the timing of this was wrong, since she just covered VF also by AL...

Awful cover, hideous choice for a cover, everything is disgusting :sick:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->