US Vogue November 2024 : Billie Eilish by Mikael Jansson

I like the colors but this looks like Taylor's September 2019 cover because of the pose

She is so beautiful. I don't hate it, I like also that they didnt try to 'Glam her up' Like Edward did and shove her in a corset as a 20yr old, but leant into the Bowie thing.

To be fair, Edward's cover was a rare throwback to the transformative side of fashion, the part that says "let us see the celebrity do something completely different for once" instead of having the actor or singer sell the same old thing over and over again.

Also reminds me of Taylor’s September cover from 5 years ago, but I do like this more than I expected. IB Kamara doing the heavy lifting.

Agree about the colors! also have been listening to her album regularly since it came out, I didn’t care about her music before (sounded too calculated, written/supervised by much older adults and much like the project of some kind of child actor) but she’s an adult now and beginning to create with more independence and you can tell she genuinely loves her craft (saw her talking about music theory the other day) and has good taste, so she has an exciting career ahead of her.

That said, of all popular singers in desperate need of an intervention by the fashion industry, she wins the prize! I don’t want her to dress in body-fitting anything but the socks, the hats, the lack of minimal taste in materials and proportions and just general, boyz II men circa 1992 attire as a way to say ‘leave me alone’ to people as if she was 14 years old and freaking out about individuality and wanting costume instead? just no. I wish they’d introduce her to Yohji or Noir Kei Ninomiya, she’d probably love it and it would give her the balance of discretion and rebellion within commercial pop that she’s looking for.

The only thing I like about the cover are the colors.

Meh. This does absolutely zilch for me. Never been a one for Billie Eilish, and I despise that leaning into the camera pose. The colours aren't at all bad, and I like the icy blue eyes and the makeup look on Billie here.

This is very unusual styling and cover for US Vogue. I agree that it looks a lot like Taylor's September 2019 cover with a slightly different vibe. Also the styling and the hair seem like the fashion team watched the "Eusexua" music video a bit too much. Billie looks good though. The background lighting is so flat that it looks almost like a fan-made cover, where she is cut out in Photoshop from another photo.

Also the styling and the hair seem like the fashion team watched the "Eusexua" music video a bit too much.

Maybe you’re joking, but in case you’re not, that video was released like 3 weeks ago. FKA Twigs is talented but her impact is negligible and certainly this shoot took place long before her music video was released.

Maybe you’re joking, but in case you’re not, that video was released like 3 weeks ago. FKA Twigs is talented but her impact is negligible and certainly this shoot took place long before her music video was released.
Just being shady, I am aware fashion shoots and magazine covers are not created in a week.

Reactions: KoV
Much better than I expected, probably Billie's best Vogue US cover. The editorial is gorgeous and agree with Thiago:smile: that picture as a cover would've been great.

Two musicians in a row...here comes Anna's thinking like she's the EIC of Rolling Stone.
I really prefer to enjoy artists for their work and not hear about their political leanings!!

For me these are really strong images of Billie. She looks beautiful and it’s great to see her in this elevated styling but to me it very much still feels like her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greg1979
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->