US Vogue October 2017 : Rooney Mara by Annie Leibovitz

Got my copy

310 pages

Full English
Photographer: Mario Testino
Stylist: Sara Moonves
Celebs/Models: James Gorden, Sienna Miller, Luke Evans, Chris Robshaw, Bertie Carvel, Dominic Cooper, Jean Campbell, Nora Attal, Edie Campbell, Jourdan Dunn, Lara Stone, Suki Waterhouse

Shirt Tales
Photographer: Patrick Demarchelier
Stylist: Camilla Nickerson
Model: Caroline Trentini

Head Turners
Photographer: Bruce Weber
Sytlist: Sara Moonves
Celebs, Models: Sasha Lane, Adwoa Aboah, Kesewa Aboah, Faretta

Moment of the Month: Velvet Crush
Photographer: Cass Bird
Stylist: Jorden Bickham
Models: Sasha Kichigina, Andreea Diaconu, Lineisy Montero

Fresh Coats
Photographer: Jamie Hawkesworth
Stylist: Camilla Nickerson
Models: Imaan Hammam, Vittoria Ceretti, Rianne Van Rompaey, Ellen Rosa

Camilla and Jamie are capable of making great, uplifting, fall stories but the last few editorials they did toghether were anything but good, so I don't know what to expect. All of the girls minus Ellen have worked with him and it's sound promising.

Preview snaps (sorry no scanner)

What's this putting the coat on top of someone's head like the second and fifth picture ( and Gisele's Paris Vogue cover)?! So weird.

What's this putting the coat on top of someone's head like the second and fifth picture ( and Gisele's Paris Vogue cover)?! So weird.
So idiotic and annoying, right?

Jamie's edit is lovely, I am so reliefed, Vittoria looks so good here and his style shines through in all the pics. Although I'm sure members will complain that he always does seaside edits for american Vogue.

James Corden made me throw up in my mouth a bit, I find him sooo annoying...

Thanks for the review and previews, Sensation! :smile:

Love how Testino is trying to get back into the graces of British brands. That aside, his edit actually looks good besides it being something we've seen time and time again. James looks great in these shots, such a funny bloke. The rest of the cast looks cool and makes sense, except Lara and Suki.
The Hawkesworth edit looks promising. The opening shots are stunning, especially the one with Vittoria. I normally hate these studio/outdoor mixed edits because the one always comes off weaker than the other, but it doesn't look like that'll be the case here. It's laughable to pair Ellen Rosa with these higher level girls, but then Vogue seems to have taken a shining to her (not sure why).
Demarchelier's edit with Caroline Trentini looks like a nice reprieve between the humdrum of Hawkesworth and Testino. He's really one of the few (aside from Sims) to perfectly capture these cookie cutter jumping edits for Vogue. One thing you're assured with Anna's Vogue is balance.
Can already tell I won't like the Bruce Weber edit! What a waste of space. You have an overrated photographer here, but also the stylist, models and 'actress' all deserve an extended eyeroll! This edit will be paperclipped together once I get my issue.

BLAND! INSIPID! DEPRESSING! SOMBER! Just looking at this cover makes me wanna pop an anti-depressant. The cover looks like an outtake, an after thought. It feels rushed. Why is she not looking at the camera? That dress is SO UGLY it makes my eyes water And her hair looks like it was done in the dark. Can they FIRE Anna Wintour already?!! Put her out to pasture please! STOP TRYING TO MAKE ROONEY MARA HAPPEN!! No one is checking for homegirl. Got the nerve to be her THIRD cover. Handing these boring salt pillars covers like candy

Full English
Photographer: Mario Testino
Stylist: Sara Moonves
Celebs/Models: James Corden, Sienna Miller, Luke Evans, Chris Robshaw, Bertie Carvel, Dominic Cooper, Jean Campbell, Nora Attal, Edie Campbell, Jourdan Dunn, Lara Stone, Suki Waterhouse

US Vogue digital edition

James is stealing the show! :heart:
Jamie's ed is very nice, the rest is meh.

Jamie's ed is gold. Faretta is still underwhelming in print. Waiting for her to shine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->