US Vogue October 2024 : Lady Gaga by Ethan James Green

We haven't seen the film yet, so those saying this is a boring cover should silence themselves.
But people can form an opinion on the cover without seeing the movie right? They’re two separate things.

But if you like the cover, it’s ok if you haven’t seen the movie yet?

I like the first cover but the editorial looks like it would have benefitted from a model. That kind of styling needs the height and skills of a model to pull it off.

Come on people it’s a bit of Fashion we need this back…
I think it all just depends on what you want out of fashion. I just find this "style" Lady Gaga draggy "high fashion" to be really, really boring in 2024.

It took 10 years to Meisel to make his debut cover for US Vogue (he started in 1982). These new talents go straight, there's not so much time after their first editorial. Don't get me wrong, I like most of the things that Ethan made for Anna, but I agree he still so young and building an identity. Better than some new photographers, but still, there's something extra he needs to add.
We are not in the 1980’s/1990’s anymore…
When Meisel started, there were still legends working for Vogue and big magazines.
The slow death of print magazines and the dismissal of established Vogue stars photographers changed the landscape forever.
It only make sense to have EJG in this place today. He is lucky because he became a household name very quickly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andreagmanili
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->