US Vogue September 2007 : Sienna Miller by Mario Testino

Actually I don't expect interesting cover and great editorials but 727 pages with adverts - it sounds impressive to me! Advertising campaigns will be probably the most interesting things in this issue, and if i buy this Vogue, I'll do it because of huge amount of ads.

There are really no words to describe my disappointment.

HAHA i had my money on Sienna on September.Damn we need to organise bets for this stuff :lol: i would make lots of money. :innocent:

Ya,i like Sienna she loves fashion,is quite lively,and to people like me who never read tabloids and gossip blogs,she is of no annoyance.And 727 pages,is HUGE,can not wait for that issue!

This sound acceptable to me. I'm not Sienna's biggest fan but she is a fashion forward and has attained a certain noteriety for her clothing choices.

At the very least Anna has managed to avoid the unholy trinity : Aniston, Zellweger, Bullock.

Was the Testino shoot Sienna was doing for Vogue or was it for something else? I always enjoy Testino covers.

^It's quite possible that it was for this :smile: Some Valentino dresses involved...

sorry for the cut and paste but i just wrote this on my site lol

---

August 07, 2007

Blah Beurk Blah American Vogue

Blah Beurk Blah American Vogue
I'm sure you've heard by now that Sienna Miller is gonna be on the cover of September American Vogue. Isn't it ironic how Vanity Fair, a celebrity magazine, used Gisele Bundchen, a fashion model, on the cover whereas American Vogue, a fashion magazine, used a British actress named Sienna?
I was gonna write this huge handwritten open letter to Anna Wintour and American Vogue -- in fact, I already wrote the first two paragraphs and then I realized it's utterly pointless. Who am I to write an open letter to the Queen Bee herself? Besides, even if I share it online, my desperate pleas (to use more models on the cover) will only fall to deaf ears. Complete waste of time, if you ask me.
1030898859_c47be6a6f2_o.jpg

Don't you just miss the good ol' days when models graced the covers of Vogue? From my own personal collection of American Vogue: Liya Kebede (May 2005), Gisele Bundchen (May 2000), Angela Lindvall (February 2000), Gisele Bundchen & Carmen Kass (January 2000). Gone were the days when I'd scribble all sorts of stuff on its covers and literally rip pages off to post on my bedroom wall.
Vogue, if you ask me, used to be my favourite magazine. There used to be a time many, many, many years ago when I religiously looked forward to getting my own copy of Vogue. Opening it is like entering a magical world where the model on the cover is your personal guide and the fashions inside it are pure fantasy. I can't even count the number of times I had petty fights with fashion obsessed fiends whether or not our favourite model du jour is going to be on the cover. These days, the people who appear on it are predictable -- Nicole, Reese, Renee, Jennifer or the current year's fave Oscar bet (perhaps best actress winner)... or, if you do your research correctly, it's pretty much any Hollywood A-list actress promoting something "big" that month.
The last Vogue I personally purchased is dated May 2005 with Liya Kebede on the cover -- and the only reason why I bought it is because Liya, a model, was on it. And the Chanel, I love the Chanel. Other than that, the most recent copy that I have in my possession is December 2006 (Nicole Kidman) -- the only reason why I have it here is because my sister left it last month.
Why buy Vogue when you can read the articles (I love Sally Singer) online? Personally, I buy magazines to be inspired. I know we can all go online to see all the editorials (for free) but to me, it's one thing to experience a few hours worth of visual fashion fantasy by flipping one glossy page over the other.
But what happens when the people who have the power to inspire AND influence you (with something/someone new) churns out with things that you've already seen elsewhere?
Thank god for Vogue Italia, Vogue Paris and V.
648313126_675619c41d_o.gif

no no no no no no no no I REFUSE TO BELIEVE IT i hate you grannie anie

can you imagine? those covers were taken in 2000.

7 years ago.

almost 10 years ago.

almost a DECADE ago.

but they look so "now", yes?

That's the best thing...models in pictures are timeless...actresses is film...models are pictures, actresses should stick to film.

Last edited by a moderator:
I personally hoped for a May07 girl to get the Sept07 cover...but yeah...why even bother?

I was crossing my fingers...for Lily D. even though Raquel is my favorite from that group. :ninja:

NOOO my worst mightmare come true!!! please not her, and NOT for september, the biggest issue of the year!! it's SOOOO WRONG!!!!

Sienna is soooo over, how many times do i have to repeat myself!

Until anna hears you. Carine is my girl anyways...why I'm I even bothering? Because the cover of US vogue....is is a treasure...and it has the power to bring back models. :cry:

The issue with Daria, Natalia and Gisele was the biggest one, am I wrong?

bellazon

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kate2024
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->