US Vogue September 2007 : Sienna Miller by Mario Testino

Beyonce is massively overexposed in EVERY way. I am not a hater and I can't stand her. If you want to talk musicians, put Alicia Keys on the cover. I am all for an Amy Winehouse cover or better yet, Lily Allen. I love her dresses.

Beyonce is massively overexposed in EVERY way. I am not a hater and I can't stand her. If you want to talk musicians, put Alicia Keys on the cover. I am all for an Amy Winehouse cover or better yet, Lily Allen. I love her dresses.

I don't mind Amy Winehouse but let's give it a moment. Beyonce may be overexposed but not in the arena of VOGUE, BAZAAR and other top Fashion mags. I wouldn't mind Seeing Corinne Bailey Ray at some point in the future.

Overexposed is overexposed and Bey is not very articulate nor does she have anything interesting to say. I cringe when I hear her talk.

Actually, her clothing line is supposedly better than Kate Moss'.

Sienna needs to really just go back to the cave she came from because I am so sick of seeing her everywhere. I just hope they have okay eds and ads.

Who cares whose on the cover? It turns out to be a huge bore anyway.

omfg.... 727 pages of ads.??????
this is no more a fashion magazine... this is not possible to have soooo many ads... it's not I don't care about ads, it's just that 727p. is a real amount of "annonceurs" (i have to learn this word in english!!!) this is just a proof of the lack of creativity, of originality, of real power... a magazine canNOT be free with such amount of ads... this is insane!!!!!!!!!
with such amount of ads a fashion magazine should be free...or at least 1$... Vogue US is lost... Anna W. I am so angry at you... this is s***, you're doing s*** with your magazine... I'm not even talking about the editorials (I'm sure there're gonna be one or two very good editorials... with 727p. of ads you HAVE the MONEY to get the best people to do a very good magazine)...
this is just not possible.....

I don't care about an english actress/rich kids on the cover... Madame Wintour is english and loves neo-royalty...
I just care about the fact this magazine is no longer free, and is just a open thing for psycho-capitalists...

I really hope Grace C. and her little bro'/sis' did an amazing job...

Madame Wintour, you, once, said "fashion is a good mix btw art & economic"... well I guess you were lying... I am really disappointed... you just care about the money to organize your fashion party...

Last edited by a moderator:
727 pages of ads?
I clearly read that incorrectly. I thought it was 727 pages altogether. :shock:

^NO way there's 727 pages of ads.

That means there's more than a thousand pages all together.

People don't pay for fashion ads.

Well there has to be like 900+ pages. The biggest one before had over 800, right?

The ads are basically my favorite part. :lol::ninja:

And put Paltrow on that list. I think Anna has finally tired of her. There are some new celebs Anna could put on the cover: Bryce Dallas Howard, Anne Hathaway, Thandie Newton, Emily Blunt, Evan Rachel Wood.
Sienna is not a bad choice at all.

I pretty much thought hell would freeze over before Anne Hathaway got the cover ^_^

in the sept. 2004 issue (862p.!!!) the editorials started on page 677 and ended on page 803 (approx. without no ads)... just imagine now the amount of page of this sept. 2007 issue.... if there're 727p. of ads...
this thing is gonna be + 1000p.!!! + it's gonna be impossible to read confortable an article or whatever is written...
("end of first part p.355 follow on page 390"... insane!)

i'm sorry but a magazine with approx. 75% of ads should be 1$ !!! and def. not been called Vogue...
I remember Vogue Italia used to be like that, too, actually... and i hated those issue... they were way too big and full of s***
do they count the Conde Nast promotion???? if they don't = OMFG!!!

Yes, I never read the articles in the mega-issues, because they get lost amid the endless ads. You start reading the story on pg 68 and then flick though to pg 92 to find the second page of it. When a magazine is as big as US Vogue, they can start to overshadow even the impact of the editorials.

So I just enjoy the mega-issues for the glory of the ads.

Omg...Vogue US is seriously getting worse and worse.
SIENNA?!?!? I don't get what's so special about her, but maybe thats just me.

Also, 727 pages of ads?!??! WTF?!
I don't know, but seems like a little too much to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anjdan
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->