US Vogue September 2007 : Sienna Miller by Mario Testino

I like Sandra Bullock, her shoots with Meisel are always wonderful, I'd take her over Aniston/Sienna, any other blah actress.

& I LOVE that Angela cover! I don't even like Angela, anyone know the photographer/date?

angela cover is February 2000

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow. :flower: Thanks I was wondering that too. :P

I personally hoped for a May07 girl to get the Sept07 cover...but yeah...why even bother?
I agree. Anna is such a hypocrite. She does the May issue claming all these girls on the cover are the new top models...so why not give them a cover! I mean, she was basically complaining that there were no new supermodels. Uhm, ANNA, hello! The reason there are no new supermodels is because you give all your covers to celebrities...and you wonder why most people don't know who these girls are.:innocent:

I'm SO over celebrities on magazine covers, actually, I'm so over celebrities in general! Leave the celebs to US Weekly and People magazine. Let MODELS be on the cover of FASHION magazines. I had hoped that she would give the May girls each their own cover (can you imagine...Hilary Rhoda on the cover of US Vogue:blush:...one can only dream), but that'd never happen, so...:innocent:

Why Sienna?...she's really no better than Paris Hilton. Sure, she has better taste, but she's just a fad and she's only famous for being famous, really, nothing else. Boring.

After seeing her latest movies, it's quite evident that Sienna is coming into her own as an actress. She's a star on the rise, is graceful, young and elegant. Her style (which i must say is nothing out of the ordinary or even unique) suits her persona. She always looks fresh and I for one am glad to see her getting this cover. I really hope she doesn't wear one of those horrible designs by Valentino although I'm fairly certain that she will be :lol:

Looking forward to the editorials more than anything!!

Sienna is so last year. Yuck! When will Wintour get a clue. She has no style... or talent! Why not put Michelle P. on the cover is they are trying to promote Stardust.

I'm not buying this :sick::sick::sick:

Why Sienna?...she's really no better than Paris Hilton. Sure, she has better taste, but she's just a fad and she's only famous for being famous, really, nothing else. Boring.
WOW that is so not true!These two women have NOTHING in common,why so much hate?I dont get that!I tried to ignore few previous comments about her being over,but this is ridiclous!What are you people tallking about?:blink:

Sienna Miller is nowhere near over,hence why she got the September cover in the first place.She is finaly getting focus on her movie career,and its alredy showing great promise.I have seen Interview few days ago,and she was absoloutely brilliant.Sienna is not going anywhere,and if she has smart agents&a nack for picking good projects;her future in acting has lots of promise!She has 7 movies lined up,with great directors,and actresses.Has finished a movie about Dylan Thomas with Keira Knightley and is set to star in another based on Oscar Wildes play,among other projects.

She is still in all the fashion magazines,mentioned,featured and her style like it or not,is still very well recived by many women&fashion people who regard her as the style icon.She is in several ad campaings!So no she is not famous for being famous,Jude and tabloid era is behind her.She has survived all that attention and scrutiny,and just to put things in persepctive allow me to mention;Lindsay Lohan,Britney Spears.etc who all failed at getting their life together and salvage their careers.Sienna is nowhere near that over!!!

All that said,i am not her fan but i like her,specailly after i have seen her in movies,and even though her style is faar from mine,i think she has a good individual style that suits her.

I love celebs on fashion mags. So many models just have no star quality. That said, I am in favor of Sienna on the cover. Her career is setting to soar again. Y'all act like she has been on the cover of every frickin mag in the world in the last year and she has not.

WOW that is so not true!These two women have NOTHING in common,why so much hate?I dont get that!I tried to ignore few previous comments about her being over,but this is ridiclous!What are you people tallking about?:blink:
Well, it is a bit of an overstatement, but, really, she hasn't done anything noteworthy.

I guess celebrities who are more famous for being famous than actual merit/ talent are a huge turn off for me.:innocent: And magazines like US Vogue should stop inflating their already massive egos.

Well, let the wait begin for the actual cover image. How many pages did we go through last year for the Sept thread with Kirsten Dunst until we got a blurry, poorly-coloured photo, then a small thumbnail, etc...

As far the as the cover star choice, meh.

I liked the Amy Winehouse idea more... at least she was a fresh face.

I love Sienna, but come on! Might as well put Keira Knightley on the October cover. :rolleyes:

As long as the cover is nice, I don't really mind.

I agree. Anna is such a hypocrite. She does the May issue

claming all these girls on the cover are the new top models...so why not give them a cover!

I mean, she was basically complaining that there were no new supermodels. Uhm, ANNA, hello!

The reason there are no new supermodels is because you give all your covers to celebrities...and you wonder why most people don't know who these girls are.

A model doesn't need a US Vogue cover to be "Super", it's only a complement in their careers, if they have them it's ok, more popularity but they are not necessary, like Elle McPherson, one of the Supers of the 80's and 90's, she never got a US Vogue cover.

Anothert example, look at the Forbes list of the best paid models, Heidi, Adriana, Alessandra ... those girls have not appeared in Vogues covers but they are considered "the Supers" of today, see that new Vanity Fair portfolio full of those Brazilian Bombshells.

Top Models, those weird-looking teens catwalking for Dior and Prada are destined to appear only inside of the magazine, they had a great gift from Anna Wintour appearing in group on a Vogue cover and that's enough.

Supers and Celebrities on the cover, Top Models inside of the magazine, I like that!:rolleyes:

I can't imagine an issue with Sienna will be a big seller, and this is a september cover! She just doesn't have star power. Say what you will, Aniston and Bullock do

Aniston and Bullock are beyond stale, at least Sienna love her or hate her inspires a reaction and is a fresher face on mags. Haven't we been subjected to practically a whole decades worth of Aniston, Bullock, Roberts, Messing (gawd I could go on)??! Ugh.

And put Paltrow on that list. I think Anna has finally tired of her. There are some new celebs Anna could put on the cover: Bryce Dallas Howard, Anne Hathaway, Thandie Newton, Emily Blunt, Evan Rachel Wood.
Sienna is not a bad choice at all.

^Halle berry should be getting a cover for her upcoming movie, Thing We Lost In The Fire. Hell I've seen people who aren't Oscar winners get covers for less. Cough* Me, You and Dupree. What about Beyonce? Love her or hate her the woman was part of the highest selling female group in history, and is a huge solo artist and was everywhere because of DreamGirls last year. PLUS she loves clothes and has an iconic look. If Gwen Stefani can score one why not her? And for all the rumors, Amy Winehouse still has to pay some style dues haha I would think, but oh yeah she's white so she'll get a cover soon for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anjdan
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->