Atelier Versace F/W 11.12

The blue water dress with the golden chains :lol: I LOVE it! It's SO Gianni.

This feels like a Gianni tribute done with a half heart. That having been said, the turqoise fur coat with the embroidery is amazing, as well as the grey/light blue gown in the second post.

i can't believe i'm saying this ,but i love this collection especially the dress in the 3rd photo in post #81

Finally and THIS IS AWESOME. It´s so different but still Versace. The fabrics, the print- so rich. Love that.

Yas!! I love it! It's given me more hope for Versace!

It has some GREAT pieces, and the weaker ones aren't that bad either. My favorites are the short black/green dragon dress, the 3rd nude long gown with the side train, the short whit dress next to it that used a similar technique, the white (?) dress with the petals going down the bodice and the split.

The long sleeve printed gown looks decent, it would be nice to have a picture of the front of it. I don't know how I feel about pleated chain mail though....

Overall it's a good collection, the references to Gianni are there in the details but overall it has a softer, redefined side that is ALL Donatella, the woman does know when to make a killer gown.

Some dresses are absolutely breathtaking...like the one with the dragon print or the blue gown but others are like complete rubbish...I don't wanna see fruit prints in high fashion ANYMORE!It looks so cheap,tacky and nasty!
Also the :heart: dress would have looked amazing in the 90's but Donatella you're 20 years later :lol:

OMFG!
I can't belive that Kasia alst work as a model it's this crappy collection, all seems cheap adn pret a porter, not COUTURE at all!

I love it!

It´s an homage to Gianni´s legacy, the mixture of diferent textures in one dress, the baroque and tropical motifs, those crinolines from when he did ballet costumes, the metal mesh!!

And most of all, the joyfulness and boldness of his work!!!

it feels a bit all over the place. but i would love to see the gowns reworked a bit (i.e. for the red carpet) i think i would like them more then. also, idk why but im kinda loving the huge intricate skirts with the simple strap boob tube tops and the chain mail gown (i think im having a tacky moment currently)

:lol: This is fun. But instead of being a genuine tribute to Gianni, I feel like a few of the pieces are more like parodies...
The black minidress with the dragon on it is beautiful :shock:

Yes! That is stunning!

The black dress with the print is ugly and the mini dress with the versace text is tacky, but other then that the rest is so beauitful!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redspot
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->