Versace S/S 2013 Milan

I like it especially the color pallette I am quite done with obvious color blocking. This neutral pallette was stunning.

I quite like the collection, but Nadja's dress is really Givenchy :shock:

Some looks made me question whether this was Guess or Versace. :blink:

Having seen the collection clearly, I have to take my words back. This collection is actually luvly with nice little touch!

Hm... This looks trashy. I like the necklaces though and a very very very few pieces.

As I read in here, it feels like a guilty pleasure :lol: I do actually like it. There's this tacky-chic thing that makes it attractive, actually.

I'm actually surprised that I don't hate all of this. I thought the show itself was quite lovely--the soundtrack, the casting. The clothes look nice on the runway (besides a few disasters), but then up close they look ... rather thin and skimpy. All in all, I don't hate it... but ultimately there were only a few things that I actually did like.

I love this really! There`s something about the tackiness of the collection that makes me love it. Yes, it somehow looks like a Roberto Cavalli collection but when you look at it, there`s still a Versace identity to it that sets it apart. I really like this

The colors are wonderful. The cuts are superb. This is really wearable

I don't like those materials at all - somewhere between slinky and grunge. And to be honest, I think some of those embroidered pieces - those on leather specifically - look like they were sewed on by some incompetent 14 yo. It's like a collection dreamt up by a young girl who aims to be a show girl.

It is horrible. With the exception of two turquoise outfits that are very pretty.

For those that want a bodycon mini-dress there is still Herve Leger. But at Versace the codes have changed. Donatella has moved away-from-the body. Her girl now has easy slouch. And she rocks.

Still unmistakably Versace yet, correct me if I'm wrong, the new direction is toward Decarnin's Balmain? I feel that particularly in those looks, in the midsection, who's palette evoked bleached denim.

Throughout, the palette still has colour but it's faded, hazy, smokey. Helping to carry Donatella's new ease. Yes a glam one, but, a desert roadtrip?

The opening section's themes are by now well rehearsed - lingerie-tailoring-leather-lace. But well and interestingly delivered due in large part to Donatella's fearlessness in letting her girl be as sexy as she really wants. Standouts in this section included the mini-dress featuring lace panel which snaked around front to back on Kel Markey and the look with those amazing leather-lace shorts on Anabela Belikova. Unabashed. Yes.

It's amazing really that a woman only three years shy of her bus pass (do they have bus passes in Italy, probably not) manages to design with the sensibility of a horny teenage boy! Brazen. And why not? Prefer demure minimalism, the sac-back 60's, a pretty floral, if you wish but a little fantasy never hurt anyone. Dare to let go, now, to Donatella. Because now it's not just sex she delivers - she rocks too.

I absolutely love this collection. My first thought, watching the first few looks, was that this is definitely a departure. I read the reviews. Tim Blanks on Style was so vague, neither good or bad, just really didn't know what to say or think. Funny reading the reviews here, because everyone that doesn't typically love Versace had positive things to say and those that typically love the house, had the opposite impression. To me, Donatella really loosened up, let her hair down and created a fun girl. I don't know if she'll keep this direction, or it's just this one time? Where I can struggle to find one or two looks, in her past shows, I found at least 20 pieces I would love to own here. Okay, I'm tall and leggy, I love boho as well as a well tailored look. This girl is fun, hip, stylish. Trashy? Well that definition is loose. Some say anything short or revealing is trashy. I have to disagree. These are cute, young (even for young at heart, like me), flowy, with great movement. I love the shirts, the dresses. There were some classic Versace references, in tailoring and color. Some embellishments are over the top, go figure, right :rolleyes:. So, for those of you disappointed, cut her some slack and welcome some new fans, if only for this one shot.

I absolutely love this collection. My first thought, watching the first few looks, was that this is definitely a departure. I read the reviews. Tim Blanks on Style was so vague, neither good or bad, just really didn't know what to say or think. Funny reading the reviews here, because everyone that doesn't typically love Versace had positive things to say and those that typically love the house, had the opposite impression. To me, Donatella really loosened up, let her hair down and created a fun girl. I don't know if she'll keep this direction, or it's just this one time? Where I can struggle to find one or two looks, in her past shows, I found at least 20 pieces I would love to own here. Okay, I'm tall and leggy, I love boho as well as a well tailored look. This girl is fun, hip, stylish. Trashy? Well that definition is loose. Some say anything short or revealing is trashy. I have to disagree. These are cute, young (even for young at heart, like me), flowy, with great movement. I love the shirts, the dresses. There were some classic Versace references, in tailoring and color. Some embellishments are over the top, go figure, right :rolleyes:. So, for those of you disappointed, cut her some slack and welcome some new fans, if only for this one shot.

The new direction does feel quite WestCoast I think (roadtrip). We might say it takes the Orange County girl and asks her to explore the Haight Ashbury side of her nature? The OC girl. She'll come. Eventually...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->