Prada S/S 2013 Milan

Considering the influences, the shoes look quite interesting... Still horrifing, though.
The last part of the collection was the most convincing to me, and it looked good actually. The rest feels quite Prada to me, which could be good or bad. Overall, I'm not impressed/excited to see those looks in EVERY fashion magazine.

I can wait until lady gaga wear this shoes.. Really another hideous collection by Prada?! Omg.. *facepalm*

ONE FLEW OVER THE CUCKOO'S NEST. That's the only thing that came to my mind when I saw this.

I am.. whelmed.. I think?. It's a girly and cheeky collection with an oriental "touch", but some of the shapes are quite unflattering and the accessories are a hellish nightmare. I'm seriously on the fence. Her latest S/S men's collection was splendid, naturally I was expecting something in that particular direction.

PS. I can't with all the over-the-top fashionistas that are using every single positive superlative out there to describe this collection.

Last edited by a moderator:
So ugly, but people will eat it up because it's Prada.

Watching now the video footage, it could just be the set and the soundtrack, but there's perhaps a Fifty Shades of Grey vibe?

Not in an anglo-american nor a milanese way but in a Parisien way? Perhaps an army of intelligensa women (artists, writers, philosophers) who are also tantric sex disciples. And these were their uniforms. Or suggestions therefore. Latex looking sockshoes included. Robes. Veiled flowers. Nature. Freedom. East meets West. Ecstasy.

That's my fantasy anyway. And I'm sticking to it :smile:

If you're not getting what I'm getting make sure you have the sound up, and your eyes open, when you hit play on the vid @ #57 @ page 4 of the thread

Who cares if everyone hates it right now, cause come campaign season everybody will love Prada.

Perhaps an army of intelligensa women (artists, writers, philosophers) who are also tantric sex disciples. And these were their uniforms. Or suggestions therefore. Latex looking sockshoes included. Robes. Veiled flowers. Nature. Freedom. East meets West. Ecstasy.

Are these the kind of vibes you get from "Fifty Shades of Grey"? Because if that's so, LMAO.

Are these the kind of vibes you get from "Fifty Shades of Grey"? Because if that's so, LMAO.

Not at all. I've taken one vibe (reference) then mashed it with another. As I believe has Miuccia. My mind doesn't stay still. I'm painting. Keep up :o :D

Prada Bares Her Soul

Prada, by Miuccia Prada, spring/summer 2013, in Milan.
By SUZY MENKES
Published: September 20, 2012

MILAN — In the most personal and soulful collection she has ever done at Prada , Miuccia Prada opened her womanly heart, using that most female of symbols, the flower, but in a powerful, modern way.

A one-stop destination for Times fashion coverage and the latest from the runways.

Flower heads perked up on the chests of short black dresses, breaking the straight lines of flat kimono-folded fabrics. On the models’ feet might be a more potent symbol of the girly style: flat shoes with shiny silver socks, fastened with a bow. Or the flowers appeared on transparent purses and eye-glass frames.

Slowly, very slowly, the designer worked in color — peach, green or red, usually with a shiny satin surfaces — except when coats were deep-pile fur, with the color of the red flowers running down like bleeding hearts.

“Very sensual, deeply feminine,” Ms. Prada said. “It’s about feelings. There are two opposites — rectangular shapes, with folds, very geometric; with the flower as a symbol, of poetry, sentiment, community — those things that are always struggles in the life of women.”

This overt questioning of self was so emotional that the audience, seated behind the brutal black pillars along the runway, was cheering before a smiling Ms. Prada appeared.

The show clothes were not pretty — more plain or even drab. Although a stole wrapped round the shoulders might reveal bared arms and a bra, or shorts under coats had the familiar Prada frisson of perversity.

The handwork, although difficult to fathom on the catwalk, included what looked like speckles of printed and painted colors.

The show played out to the mournful voice of Megumi Satsu, singing in French in the early 1980s about love and about suicide. The sound, like Prada’s vision, seemed like a hymn to deep feeling and womanly grace.
nytimes.com

Personally, I wouldn't associate garbage like Fifty Shades of Grey with something as artful as this... But that's just my disdain for contemporary reading habitis.

To me the show seems more like a parade of ghosts navigating temple grounds, their earthly desires expressed in the soundtrack, the flowers coming to represent the dead, the past, the present, the living, blood, passion, the future, from black to white, dark to light.

I like how Suzy Menkes reads this collection. Flowers breaking the line, the geometries, as though the function of femininity was to disrupt the rational and the masculine.

So far, the best collection of S/S 2013.

The last half is really gorgeous and I like the fur coats, I find them so cheeky! But apart from that, I think a lot of the pieces were ruined by the floral motifs, it cheapened the whole look, when it could have been so much more elegant

I feel like I'm looking at a Comme des Garcons collection. Or Junya Watanabe. It's not bad, but it's not Prada.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julovw
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->