Versace S/S 2013 Milan

the dresses are nice everything else not...I can see Shakira wearing one of the longer gowns

Some of the looks are beautiful but most of this collection is just tacky. Its ashame because I really liked last s/s and also the F/w collections.

Some looks from the collection reminds me of Paris' and Nicole's "The Simple Life" 2004 outfits...

^ You make it sound as if 'sl*tty' was a bad thing. I just soaked it up, moaned and thanked the mighty Lord for making Donatella resuscitate her sl*tty desires. Nobody else could make me swoon with vile delight at a tangerine dress topped with christmas decorations.:heart:

Did someone say my name? :D

I agree, I enjoyed this. I wanted a trashy, sl*tty collection and Versace delivered. Candy Tarts and Luxury Trash!

I genuinely liked the striped pants and the sunglasses, and the 70s hair and makeup were perfect.

My favorite show so far!

Ew, it looks more like Zuhair Murad, a brand that actually rips off Versace numerously. :lol:

that's totally right, except for that Murad usually delivers an overall more acceptable (wearable) collections

The looks arent powerful enough.

Back in the day, only power b*tch*s would wear it and own the dresses.

These are water-downed versions of Versace. Sad, I wanted to see a hit.

This collection seems to have ripped off Cavalli, Blumarine, D&G and heyday Versace itself, but it was bright, fun, tacky as hell and I loved it......well most of it. The tie-dyed looks I could have done without.
We all know Donatella can do a lot better when she sets her mid to it, but this is a Versace everyone knows and some of the dresses look like you could pick them up in Monsoon, but it's not trying to be anything it isn't.
I also liked how the clothes were full on, but the styling really wasn't, with very natural tousled hair.
Always a major guilty pleasure.

I think that we needed to see a collection like this after so much sobriety. Naturally it wasn't as good as last season but something about the general atmosphere, casting and music elevated the collection for me...not to a higher aesthetic plane, but to something that was fun and unashamedly silly. I actually don't mind the weird brown lace opening looks and the safari vibes of some of the simpler pieces are quite cool (and yes a little Cavalli).

This is like the fashion equivalent of a guilty pleasure 90s Euro Trash anthem for me :smile:.

I like most of the looks at the beginning and at the end. I don't think this is as bad as people are making it out to be at all.

This is so... unexpected? I don't know whether I love or hate it. I don't care for the tacky embellishment, but otherwise I'm quite keen on this.

i don't understand the 'trashy' or 'sl*tty' comments. i mean, i see why they'd come up but is it really a suprise? i saw trashy and sl*tty in many other collections from donatella that got lot of praise around here

still, some of the embellishments in this are VERY bad

i have so many mixed feelings towards this. i see cavalli, versace, blumarine all in one collection brought up beautibly and horrifically too. i absolutely love the first pieces and the last ones, something messy happened in the middle and i don't know exactly what :shock::lol: but we know this could have been put out much better... we know you better donatella.

This is not very Versace but I LOVE the whole collection! It's a bit bohemian chic to me but every piece here is gorgeous :heart: I really love this. The best collection in this season so far! But yeah agree that it's a bit of mix of Cavalli and Givenchy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rachelmartini
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->