Victoria's Secret 'my Parisienne'

Lena

etre soi-meme
Reaction score
083004_74.jpg
"My Parisienne" something new for VS lovers

NEW YORK — Victoria’s Secret is embarking on a new strategy with high-end French designer brand Chantal Thomass.

The $3.81 billion lingerie retailer began testing Chantal Thomass for Victoria’s Secret lingerie in 2002 at select units, and now plans to expand the saucy brand of highly embellished corsets, bustiers, bras, panties and legwear from 10 to 100 doors in September, said designer Chantal Thomass in a phone interview from her atelier in Paris.

“My Parisienne collection for Victoria’s Secret has been selling extremely well at their top stores, including Herald Square in New York and Washington,” said Thomass. “Now, we’ll be shipping fresh merchandise, styles and colors every two months because of the demand.

“It’s very funny that I am doing this for Victoria’s Secret because I’ve known them a long time, ever since I worked on accessories, nightwear and robes for the Victoria’s Secret fashion shows,” continued Thomass. “I just love the store. For French people, Victoria’s Secret is very strong because we have nothing like that in France. I’m sure if they opened a Victoria’s Secret store in France, people would love it.”

The victoriassecret.com Web site began selling Thomass’ lingerie in mid-August, and the exclusive collection also is featured in a four-page spread in the current Victoria’s Secret catalogue for fall. Retail prices average $68 for a cross-dyed balconette bra, $128 for an embroidered baby doll, $168 for a lace-up Merry Widow with adjustable garters and $228 for a lace-up mesh bodysuit.

from wwd :flower:

thanks for the information!!!
:heart: i hope they bring VS to japan. they haven't got one here yet...

Thanks Atelier, I was just going to ask who Chantal Thomass was.

My Parisienne looks a lot like regular VS to me but I like the settings for the photographs better, very pretty :stuart:

VS used to have a European lingerie line right? Maybe it didn't sell well and this is another try since they want to compete with La Perla and others?

im not the biggest vs fan.......the quality is too cheap.

i'm not a VS fan but i love your new avatar lolitalux, its the Bless brush right?

Originally posted by Lena@Aug 30 2004, 03:56 PM
i'm not a VS fan but i love your new avatar lolitalux, its the Bless brush right?
[snapback]350578[/snapback]​

yes, it is :wink:

back in the day...victoria's secret actually carried la perla...then they started to manufacture their own bras and do knock offs of the designer bras...the quality was extremely poor but the prices remained the same and vs's profit margin widened considerably...

i haven't shopped there since the early 90's because of the poor quality...

i've always been a HUGE fan of chantal thomas...beautiful...very french, feminine coquettish lingerie of the highest quality...but also highes prices...as high as la perla..sometimes more...(but a different style)...the lingerie is also sold at agent provocateur...

this partnership is very interesting...imo...perhaps we will get some of chantal thomas's design and a bit more quality from victoria's secret...at a more reasonable price...i can only hope...

thanks for posting lena...i will definitely be curious to see the pieces in person...

this :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grabental
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->