Vogue Australia December 2019 : Nicole Kidman by Inez van Lamsweerde & Vinoodh Matadin

When you make a gorgeous actress look bad on a magazine cover then you know you´re doing a bad job lol period!

I mean COME ON: out of the dozens of great Australian supermodels and amazing locations they could have come up with, they give their Australian readers (for their 60th anniversary issue no less) this??? A boring close up with lots of hair to hide her face??? Has anybody checked this image before it went to press anyways lol???

When you make a gorgeous actress look bad on a magazine cover then you know you´re doing a bad job lol period!

I mean COME ON: out of the dozens of great Australian supermodels and amazing locations they could have come up with, they give their Australian readers (for their 60th anniversary issue no less) this??? A boring close up with lots of hair to hide her face??? Has anybody checked this image before it went to press anyways lol???

Right?? Probably 'rekindled a deep connection' to Oz in a studio in the US.

Listen it's 60 freaking years, it should have been glorious, this is ok, it's not a bad cover, but for like a January non event issue!! For a big milestone like this, it is not enough just to get Kidman and I&V, the result needs to be there!!!

Still looking forward to this issue!

Sometimes a cover that's close to being good or even great but just misses the mark is so much worse than an all-around trainwreck of a cover. That's how I feel about this. The hair in the face destroyed what could have been a stunning, simple portrait. Nicole is a great cover subject for a milestone issue of Australian Vogue and underneath that hair she's delivering beauty and intensity. But the goddamn hair! I just can't see past it.

Her head looks like it's floating...like she's the latest victim of the Headless Horseman :ermm:.

It could've been great though, I love the direction visually. Too bad they completely botched it.

With better hair it would be great for a quiet month, but not their anniversary cover. And it would have been even better if they chose an Australian photographer to shoot this because I&V brought nothing to the table.

Still, a must-have issue without a doubt!

I like the concept but the hair doesn´t look luscious to be so central imo...

LOVE Nic and will buy it but it looks like a jewellery supplement.

I like it...sometimes to celebrate you don't have to scream visually...We had dozens of pictures showing her face, i like the hair trick to give a sense of mystery, connection, and it's a great shot.

I suppose there are only so many famous names that you can reuse for your anniversary issues - Elle for the 30th, Kylie and Elle for the 40th, illustrations of Cate for the 50th, and now Nicole for the 60th.

Vogue Australia before the 1990s is a foreign land to me - going back in time to see who got the cover in 1979 and 1969 is opening up a whole new world of vintage covers that I've never seen before.

I suppose there are only so many famous names that you can reuse for your anniversary issues - Elle for the 30th, Kylie and Elle for the 40th, illustrations of Cate for the 50th, and now Nicole for the 60th.

Vogue Australia before the 1990s is a foreign land to me - going back in time to see who got the cover in 1979 and 1969 is opening up a whole new world of vintage covers that I've never seen before.
Can you post the 30th and 40th covers? I can’t find online

Amazing shot, so piercing. Love this so much.

Rather than make the hair blowing in the face look stylish or elegant, it just looks messy. What a fail.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->