Vogue China March 2010: Du, Lily, Anna, Constance, Karlie, Liu by P. Demarchelier

du & liu look stunning, karlie takes 3rd place and the rest are pretty boring

This idea is nothing new but it still akes me exciting! Finally Liu Wen on a Vogue China cover!

does this really count as a Vogue cover..? Because she is technically not on the actual cover :innocent:

PS: if you look at all the past Vogue China covers they are all "pretty, but boring". I think that is the aesthetic they want- they cant all be Vogue Italia :doh:

does this really count as a Vogue cover..? Because she is technically not on the actual cover :innocent:

PS: if you look at all the past Vogue China covers they are all "pretty, but boring". I think that is the aesthetic they want- they cant all be Vogue Italia :doh:
Fold-out cover is still a cover, no? At least all the readers who buy this issue will get to know it's a fold-out cover.:D

And about Vogue China's covers, I think there is no need to compare them with those covers of Vogue Italia or Paris or even US, because of different cultural backgrounds and aesthetic orientations. Look at Vogue Nippon, they also have pretty but boring covers all the time. What's more, Vogue China has been just running on its 5th year since launched and there's still a long way to go. One thing I admire and am proud of Vogue Chian is that it seldom uses reprint cover(actually only one so far, i.e. March 2009, which is a shame I think) and continue bringing original ones.

I really need to see the content of this issue and then make mty final judgement.

:rofl: Anna is still in the same position.

That said, I don't like it. Maybe it has something to do with the background. Hope to see the HQ soon. I think Stam's cover is better.

Last edited by a moderator:
When will this cover come out?

And about Vogue China's covers, I think there is no need to compare them with those covers of Vogue Italia or Paris or even US, because of different cultural backgrounds and aesthetic orientations.

thats exactly what i mean! karma ^_^

Starry I agree with you. And US, Paris, Italia and China have different target readers so basically it's different

What a great surprise! :woot: Personnally, I think the cast is really appealing, and in that case, the plain setting doesn't bother me, it enables to focus on the models. Bravo Vogue China!

I totally agree and I have nothing to add.

Except that this isn't the first time they rehashed the top models cover US Vogue did. Difference is that back then, they didn't just straight up copy it and made it blaaaand, they actually added something to it somehow. But then Vogue India came and did the same thing yet again and it became uberbland. That cover pretty much has the same plastic energy as this one. That said, I do like the cast of this new cover, very, very much. I wonder who shot it...Patrick?

US Vogue 2004

Vogue China September 2005

Vogue India

A Thailand magazine called Volume copied that same cover as well. It's even worse than the Indian version!

Great cats for this cover though, but it would have been nice to maybe thrown in Shu in the cast, and maybe just try and make it their own with different placement Especially since Anna is in the same spot on both covers.

Yay, finally Liu Wen on her own country cover!
I like the cast although I do agree that they have a pretty boring expression but the cover is lovely nonetheless.
The supplement cover with Jessica Stam is gorgeous too! :heart:

The choice of models is interesting... But what the f*** is up with the blue blackground...

Now that you guys mention all the flaws, it really does look like a cheap version of US Vogue May 2009.

Du looks absolutely GORGEOUS. Not a fan of that shade of blue, but it works for spring, I guess. Karlie looks good as well!

As I've said before, I quite like the cover and the simple background doesn't bother me at all. All the girls look very beautiful and I can't wait for the contents. I hope they all have an editorial inside.

Maybe it's the low-res of the pic.
I belive that the actually cover will be (have to be) better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peytontung
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->