Vogue Italia March 2010 : Freja Beha Erichsen by Steven Meisel

The main editorial is beautiful but I'm not sure Freja was a wise casting choice... If Meisel wanted to use a girl he overlooked for years he should have gone for Natasha Poly, she can pull off aristocratic femininity way better!
Amen to that!
Natasha woud be PERFECT even tho I really like Freja's cover
I hope Natasha get her cover soon!:doh:
Can't wait for Natasha's ed.

Well if the point of Freja's ed was making her look like she's addicted to opium and lives an oh so decadent life, it is successful, and they chose the perfect model. For my part I'm totally over this aesthetic.

2 more pics of Guinevere by Walker

642t.jpg

and boring to death studio set of Missy Rayder by Sorrenti (eniko`s part is yet missing)

263tv.jpg
262k.jpg

261ob.jpg

imgmodels

Last edited by a moderator:
The cover is a bit deceitful; I wasn't expecting an ed like that. I thought it'd be more summery. But it's not bad.

On another note, I'm so excited for Rie's couture ed!

i love "so dreamy(...)"! and the main ed has some very, very nice shots (2nd, 7th, 8th, 12th). i like how disturbed mathias seems.
"the great illusion" is disappointing though. this kind of 'improvised' look of the setting turns me off and, i don't know, it lacks emotion... i'd have liked something more similar to roversi's work with guinevere...

Last edited by a moderator:
The main editorial is just breathtaking! So theatrically fantastic! :heart::heart::heart: I'm in love with it. Especially with Mathias being naked. :lol::D Kidding! His chemistry with Freja is just absolutely great. They make a great pair in doing editorials such as this. Meisel has really fallen in love with the beauty of Freja. :smile: And I agree with some of here that the ed. will remind you of the F/W 04 campaign of Dolce & Gabbana with Stella and Hannelore as I initially remembered that campaign when I was looking through the editorial.

Lara's ed. is just pure elegance! Love each shot. I do also like Guinevere's ed. So sultry. Missy's ed. looks like a waste. :D

I'm so excited for Rie's couture ed!

Me too, absolutely. :woot:

I really think Mathias was the exceptional one in the main editorial. :heart: But Freja was a good choice too, I'm glad it was her even though I'm not really a fan.

Subscriving!, eager to see more of the couture editorials to check those Atelier Versace numbers!

Oh hell yes! I am so getting this! Screw all the other eds - I won't even bother. None can hold a light to Freja and Mathias' editorial. Simply mesmerizing! Meisel at his best! :clap:

The Meisel editorial is just above and beyond. The story, setting, and characters embodied almost make the clothing an afterthought (at least in my opinion), and I love that. And the piano shot is just so strong I wish I had the magazine right now.

OMG! Loving Meisel's story! It's very dramatic and chic at the same time. In love with every shot! As well as Lara's ed. Very dark but high fashion

I love the whole theme and image of Freja's ed but I still don't see no chemistry between Mathias & Freja at all. If anything, there's something about him that comes off as being awkward & uncomfortable. Freja, on the other hand, looks amazing and definitely fits with this classic glamour look in the ed certainly evokes it. As for Lara's ed, there's nothing remotely fascinating about it. I personally don't like how the couture pieces shown in the ed (which the whole couture season was so light and delicate) were styled with such a heavy & dark theme. I get there's a contrast, but I don't like it's overall execution.

Absolutely Love Mathias in this!!! :heart::woot: He looks amazing!!! Fantastic story!!!

I just viewed the cover story editorial again and it gets better the more I look at it. :heart: I will definitely spill money over this issue..

I have to say I'm pretty disappointed by Guinevere's ed :( Was so happy to read she's in this but somehow there's just something lacking for my taste. Not too fond of Missy's spread either but I haven't expected too much from this anyway.

The main ed + Lara's couture part however :shock: Leave me both speechless! :heart: BRILLIANT work.
(Still dying to see Toni in this though)

The Meisel shoot is incredible but everything else is boring

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cg1
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->