Vogue Italia October 2013 : Edie Campbell by Steven Meisel

The video gives me high hopes for the editorial. I love how wicked and haunting it is.

Fantastic cover, Edie delivers yet again. The ed looks just as good, loving the styling.

I don't mind Edie, but three covers in seven months? Really?
Aside from Edie, this is really bland and uninteresting.

It's a cover. It's not a complete tragedy but it certainly doesn't interest me in the slightest.

I'm not going to waste energy getting mad about the cover choice (and posting about it). Who cares. It's just a magazine cover. In the big scheme of things, it doesn't get much more inconsequential. At this point, it's just funny how much of a bubble these fashion people live in (Meisel, Karl, Marc Jacobs, Hedi, etc), thinking they're being so edgy and groundbreaking, when in reality, their product is so stale and predictable. Yet, they'll have hoards of fangirls/boys fawning themselves over each of their 'stroke of genius.'

This cover is just ok.

Come on Meisel, Edie is great but it's her 3rd cover this year :blink:
We're so tired of her :ninja:

My initial thought was: Edie Campbell, again? Meisel is clearly loving her look, as well as Julia's (who's look is a little bland but radiates through Meisel's lens). The editorial seems to be interesting. It's not the direction I would like to see. However, I just love a good strong reference in fashion stories.

Am I the only one who severely dislikes the border around the cover shot? Italian Vogue regularly produces covers with this type of style.. and I've yet to admire a single one. I think I do remember an attractive cover with Freja and Arizona, though.

Julia at Vogue Italia is like Anja at Vogue Paris, always featured in the main editorial but never a solo cover. In this case I would have LOVED to see Julia on the cover because she radiates in the video. The video itself is very good and the cover isn't bad its just very... flat.

sick of edie campbell...i don't like how she comes across. this cover is really boring.

Much rather see Julia then Edie.

God i miss Linda Evangelista going on a plastic surgery, Karlie fells on the runway, Carolyn Murphy with mannequin faces, those covers back then from exciting, unpredictable Meisel.

Edie...give me a break Meisel, gahh! Having said that the editorial looks really promising and Julia's speaking voice in the video is actually beautiful.

I do really wonder how much longer we'll have to see these dull casts in Meisel's eds though...they always drag the stories downhill.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
turbotastic
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->