Vogue Italia October 2017 : Lauren Hutton by Steven Klein

For someone who has had over 25 Vogue covers (?!) I think a lot of creatives have hang ups on shooting Lauren in a new way. I appreciate them not shooting her in a "precious" or "fragile" way because of her age and seeing her actively playing in this role is great. It's taken some time to get used to it but keeping in mind Vogue Italia's cinematic cover history I don't think this is far from what they've done during Franca's time.

As far as Iman, I'm just glad to have an editorial of her looking stronger than ever after David's passing!

So was it intentional or a side effect of poor photoshop that it looks like she's been copied and pasted onto different background images?

The covers are brilliant, but I'm not in love with the editorial, mostly because of the presence of the male model. He's completely useless, and the inference that he's he boytoy is beyond cliche and reductive. If she had to be paired with someone, it would have been great if it was a male model of her generation. Some of the solo shots are amazing tho. I'm getting it for Lauren and that third cover.

A woman can be beautiful, strong, inspiring, glamorous at any age and without a man by her side, let alone with a toy boy!

THIS.

And I truly believe they should bring Meisel back.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't hate the main editorial, but I wouldn't go out of my way to get hold of it. Helmut Newton's work - in later years - might have been formulaic, but he'd have done something worth looking at, when it comes to showing some sexual shenanigans between an older woman and a younger man. This is more like a kitchen sink drama, complete with a dirty fridge.

The cover are horrible (except the thrid one), Meisel should shot the main editorial could be fantastic. Iman looks stunning & fierce. I don't know if are more editorials?

The photoshop in Iman's edit is LUDICROUS. Luigi and Iango are always terrible for this, but this is next level, in my opinion. And absurdly hypocritical. Your theme is "Timeless" and then you erase any and all sense of time from this woman's face? Iman is 62 years old. She's an exceptionally well-kept 62 and she looks stunning in candids and on red carpets, no doubt. But the person in this editorial could be 22. Who could tell the difference?! It's ridiculous.

I could not state it better!
Theme issues, multiple covers, drastic amount of photoshop...
Lazy Lazy Lazy.

Besides the Iman and Lauren stories, there are 2 other edits featuring older women… I’m not sure what their intentions are with the styling— maybe it’s meant to be liberating, but it all comes off as a farce. The women are styled and made up so garishly; propped up like caricatures of demented showgirls. Maybe there are 3 such edits— I can’t tell, since they blur into one another… The art direction is horrendous, and resembles those of late-90s university programs with the overdone layout boxes.

Never mind Emanuele, Giovanni is a poor excuse for a creative director. Weak duo.

Giovanni is trash. He’s putting his friend to work in the magazine. So we won’t see Meisel more...

This whole issue is a mess. Jesus, how the mighty have fallen.

LOL this magazine's become a joke. How are we gonna celebrate being timeless with such editorials!? I feel very sorry for Iman to be photoshopped to death.

The photoshop in Iman's edit is LUDICROUS. Luigi and Iango are always terrible for this, but this is next level, in my opinion. And absurdly hypocritical. Your theme is "Timeless" and then you erase any and all sense of time from this woman's face? Iman is 62 years old. She's an exceptionally well-kept 62 and she looks stunning in candids and on red carpets, no doubt. But the person in this editorial could be 22. Who could tell the difference?! It's ridiculous.

Totally agree with you! It's ridiculous... Too much, really too much photoshop... It's killing the real beauty

That's not Iman. They hired Pixar to make a fake Iman since the real one was too expensive. :lol:

Lauren's editorial should look more mature than this ridiculous photo set.

What’s that? The main ed is ridiculous.

It's gettin Hutton here!

When I saw "Lauren Hutton by Steven", I got so thrilled!
Then I saw "Klein" I said meh.

Love me some Hutton but can't believe the praise this is getting. The covers are fugly and the ed is probably one of the most ridiculous eds Ive seen in a long time. What a terrible joke.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->