Vogue Japan September 2021 by Luigi & Iango

I like the set design but too many models and too zoomed out to say it´s a good cover, imo.

What in the world???

Uhm, a bit late for Pride, no?

Already looks set to be the worst September cover this year. Don't know what the focus is. Luigi & Iango have shown they can do location work as well, but this looks amateur. Thankfully we won't have to suffer AdR's theatrics in this magazine for too long...

I can only spot Ugbad, who is the Asian girl in the back?

I LOVE it! :heart:

It's colourful, vibrant and - the most important! - it's something different and unexpected (from VJ & Luigi & Iango). In comparison with that awful Zoey Grossman's last cover, this looks like a dream to me...

Btw, the models are Vilma Sjöberg, Amane Taniguchi (dear @Benn98 :flower:), Britt Oosten, Sora Choi, Malika Louback & Ugbad.

Not at all what I expected from this and I can't say I'm a fan. I definitely would've preferred a classic studio group shot like they usually do.
However, I don't doubt that a lengthy editorial will make up for this mishap.

We were all clamouring for a L&I cover, and this is what we end up with?

the set design is so cool yet i cant even see any of the girls its so zoomed out

Considering that all the cover models were featured in Luigi's & Iango's August Let's Dress Up ed, I think it's safe to say that VJ/AdR continues with its/her practice to shoot in advance contents with the same teams of people at the same time. And having that on mind, it would be really pointless to have two consecutive issues/eds (again, with the same crew!) on the VJ trademark white backdrop.

However, as I already said, I'm really looking forward to this particular issue!

Wow, this is so bad! A new low for L&I. Totally shows that they are still far from the echelon of photography masters, even though they are trying. Somehow the editing near the wheel looks so amateur, like a beginner’s Photoshop job.

This still under Mitsuko?

Yes, she'll be sticking around for a few more months, but she doesn't/didn't have virtually any influence when it comes to VJ fashion content, so it's not that important anyway. All credits for it (i.e. VJ fashion content) go to AdR, and the main question here is will AdR stick around with Watanabe’s successor (which has yet to be named) or she will, perhaps - and fingers crossed! :clap: - according to the rumours, replace Farneti as EIC of Vogue Italia…

All credits for it (i.e. VJ fashion content) go to AdR, and the main question here is will AdR stick around with Watanabe’s successor (which has yet to be named) or she will, perhaps - and fingers crossed! :clap: - according to the rumours, replace Farneti as EIC of Vogue Italia…

Wait, are these rumors credible? Say more please!

It's different because it is not a monochromatic background cover which taken in the studio like the usually do. I like the set design but that cannot save the cover.
They reuse the entire models were featured in the August digital covers/ editorial named Let's Dress Up. So boring & lazy. And I don't think those Miu Miu outfits suit with the background.

Hard to believe that a whole team decided that this was worth being released

Yes, she'll be sticking around for a few more months, but she doesn't/didn't have virtually any influence when it comes to VJ fashion content, so it's not that important anyway. All credits for it (i.e. VJ fashion content) go to AdR, and the main question here is will AdR stick around with Watanabe’s successor (which has yet to be named) or she will, perhaps - and fingers crossed! :clap: - according to the rumours, replace Farneti as EIC of Vogue Italia…

I'll take it if she becomes VI EIC. FARNETI SHOULD GO. :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eskimogirl1995
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->