Vogue Japan September 2021 by Luigi & Iango

is VJ the asian version of VI?
all those italian influence ( Luigi & Iango and ADR ) have been ruining this magazine

^ADR has been working with VJ for like 15 years... even back then when Franca was alive and VI was one of the best Vogue (if not the best...) so I don´t think italian influences necessarily ruin magazines, that´s just Farneti :P

P r e v i e w:

LIVE YOUR DREAMS
Photographers:
Luigi & Iango
Stylist: Anna Dello Russo
Hair: Luigi Murenu
Make-Up: Georgi Sandev
Models: Vilma Sjöberg, Amane Taniguchi, Britt Oosten, Sora Choi, Malika Louback, Ugbad Abdi & Leon Dame

instagram.com/luigiandiango; instagram.com/annadellorusso; instagram.com/luigimurenu

L'ART DE VIVRE
Photographers:
Luigi & Iango
Stylist: Anna Dello Russo
Hair: Luigi Murenu
Make-Up: Georgi Sandev
Models: Vilma Sjöberg, Amane Taniguchi, Britt Oosten, Sora Choi, Malika Louback, Ugbad Abdi & Leon Dame

Vogue Japan Digital Edition

DANCE OF COLORS
Photographers:
Yasutomo Ebisu
Stylist: Saori Masuda
Hair: Asashi
Make-Up: Yuka Washizy
Models: Erina Saito, Haruka Toyoda & Riku Nakayama

BEAUTY BREAKTHROUGH
Photographers:
Nicolas Kantor
Stylist: Fara Homidi
Hair: Akki Ahirakawa
Make-Up: Fara Homidi
Models: Anger Amol, Chloe Blanchard & Olivia Muller

All of this is so hideous I don’t know where to begin. Cheap, cheap and, again, extremely cheap looking. Nothing here elevated anything except some shots in Dance of Colours, easily the best editorial in this issue, even decent. The main ed is ridiculous. It’s like Mert & Marcus vomited on Luchford’s Gucci campaigns and this happened.

It's all a bit too cluttered for my taste. I must admit I much prefer it when Luigi & Iango stick to their studio. There is a lot going on in that cover story. So many colors, so many people, so many everything. It isn't entirely awful, but it's not something I'll longingly look back to either.
Malika's solo story is the star of the issue! Fantastic model, quite stunning photography and location. It's very Vogue Paris, which I really love! My only complaint is that it's far too short... Nomad is interesting. Again a bit cluttered, but interesting. Fifth shot with the close-up portrait of the female model is my favorite image, her beauty is captivating!

The beauty story is nothing new and neither is the dance editorial, both entirely forgettable (although decent). All in all, not my favorite of their September issues but it's pretty decent. Long and solid fashion stories, no dull celebrities, no political figures - it's just fashion and I appreciate that. Now let's see what everyone else has to offer...

the main editorial is a little all over the place for my cuppa but all the other ones are very good.

‘New Fendo Codes’ and ‘Nomad’ are amazing!

Love Nomad...interesting cast and some striking images. As everyone says the main story is too much, maybe if the mixed with studio shooting could find a balance. The Dance of Colors editorial looks like the resulting child of mixing Dries Van Noten and Kenzo FW21 lookbooks with less interesting images.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eskimogirl1995
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->