Vogue Paris February 2016 : Edie Campbell by Inez van Lamsweerde & Vinoodh Matadin

I don't like this, I don't really know why, probably the pose.
I've never been a fan of Edie but I guess her VP cover is legit.

Don't like this retro outfit, looks more fitting for Christmas with that star on her cheek and that Christmas ball in her ear. Edie looks fresh faced but the cover doesn't grab me, no magic.

Are they serious with this cover? It was shot by Inez & Vinoodh, so don't tell me that there weren't better shots available (I guess we'll see that from the collections special inside). My goodness. I like quirky covers, but this... this might be the exception.

I guess 2016 is 60s inspired for Alt. This exudes the mod moment.

Wow, Edie now has all big 4 cover.

But this one is so bad. The pose, styling, lay out.

I like the styling and the layout but her pose is horrible.

:sick: No thanks. I'm very happy for Edie, but this is bad. Looks more like David Sims than I&V. The cropping is a mess, her arm looks like someone else's, and that earring is too much. They were probably aiming for something quirky, but the result just falls flat. It's not so much the photographer's fault, as it is the person who selected this shot for a cover!

Last edited by a moderator:
I want to like it because of the whimsy but the styling and the layout just don´t work for me...

wasn't there a better picture, seriously? that hand, that tooth, that earring, that star on her face... all irritate me.

The full version of the photo is on their website.. yikes

Wow, so unexpected, but great for her, i LOVE this cover. Reminds me of those fun 60s Vogue covers.

Last edited by a moderator:
It feels like Alt is not even trying to produce something good :doh:

VP used to be my fav Vogue edition

According to the Business of Magazines thread, Alt's approach is pretty successful in terms of sales, so I get why they chose this kind of cover.

I'm interested in the main editorial and it's cast.

I might be alone in this but I think the image is very cute and I love the suede (at least I think it is suede :rofl:) it photographs beautifully.

My only gripe would be the layout of the image–might be stronger if it were centered, but the overall look is so chic. The pairing of that top with those earrings is kind of genius.

I knew it than Edie will appear on the cover of VP, but this is so boring & bland. Also, i'm tired to see her on every issue of VP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->