Vogue Paris October 2008 : Christy Turlington by Inez & Vinoodh

Is Anna's ed the pics that were posted on Heidi's blog a while ago?

As much as I wanted Lakshmi to be in the cover, Christy looks pretty great.

^^ I haven't seen them :woot:

The cover is boring, i would prefer a new model. I do not live in the 90s anymore.

Nothing that I like so far, but all can change with Anna's ed. Love Anna.

These supers are killing me! They just won't go away! :doh: :angry: i had to check the date to make sure I was looking at October 2008. I don't know why editors continue to choose them. Every single magazine, every single month!

Besides Christy being on the cover. It's boring! Haute Couture just passed. Why not put some on the cover. Instead they put her in this boring sweater that you could buy at the Gap.

And what a waste of Erin. I really dislike the styling in that editorial. And I don't think red suits Erin at all.

I can't believe this is Vogue Paris. Vogue Paris is normally my favorite magazine and this is horrid. :ermm:

No way in heck I'm buying this, but I hope Raquel and Anna deliver or this whole issue will be a sham.

and I'm still mad about Christy :angry:

Last edited by a moderator:
I feel that Lakshmi would be more deserving for the cover
Agreed.

However, I don't hate the cover.

I do think Erin's editorial is terrible and it feels like it's the exact same as Raquel's anti-PETA ed just two issues ago.

I don't like the cover....and I usually love VP covers :shock:
Something seems so amateur like....probably the red font.
Sigh...maybe it's just the fact that I was never a Christy fan. :unsure:

What an amazing cover :smile:

The first set of photos, reminded me soo much the Raquel, reality show.2 editorial

I do think Erin's editorial is terrible and it feels like it's the exact same as Raquel's anti-PETA ed just two issues ago.

I thought the same thing when I saw it.

I don't like how they made Lakshmi look non-Indian in her editorials. I think being Indian makes her unique and stand out, and they just make her look.. well like Yasmin!

That's the first thing I thought...looks like the same setting, vibe etc.
I'm not seeing what's so amazing about the cover either.

No like me much the cover, but i think the Editorial of Terry Richardson is really great rememberme to 2001 style and wonderfull the ed of Testino with Yasmin:heart:

I loved Raquels ed from the August issue, so I think that is why I like Erin's so much :woot:
does Raquel have an ed? I was hopeing Natasha Poly would have an ed

I dont know why but i just dislike Erin, always have and it dosent help with this edit, although i love all the fur.

the photo of the cover isn't bad ... it's vogue paris and you can clearly see that carine wanted everybody to think christy is about to open the d&g cardigan in one editorial ....

but the text of the cover ? this is bad, truly, honey ! really bad. la nouvelle vie de juliette binoche ?? who cares ?!

i cannot judge the editorials, i'm sooo tired !

i like the cover but i'd prefer lakshmi on it... her ed is very disappointing by the way, and so is yasmin's. and i agree with BerlinRocks about the text, it's really bad. when i first saw it i thought maybe it was a fake cover.

Christy on the cover looks good, I like her.
The text on the cover is a kinda bad though.

Yep, the cover text - especially the awkward placement over the picture - is what irks me.

I don't mind the sight of the ever-gorgeous Christy, or the way that she's wearing a grandad's cardigan (because that's how fashion goes), but most of the editorial images so far say nothing to me, apart from Erin's, simply because it represents everything I thought an adult's life would be when I was six years old - fast cars, impractical shoes, motorcycle helmets and racy sexual allure. Though that's like saying the editorial looks like "kid's dress-up" of a cartoon lady who lives in furs.

the cover is boring ,if it were ELLE or MARIE CLAIRE we wouldn't even look at it.
and enough of the bad newton copies by richardson

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    redspot
    Back
    monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
    <-- Admiral -->