Vogue Paris October 2008 : Christy Turlington by Inez & Vinoodh

Vogue Paris october 2008

Anna Selezneva by Hedi Slimane

hedislimanefashiondiary

Finally!!! Christy on the Vogue's cover and she looks so beautiful :blush:

SUPER disapointed with Slimanes editorial!

Compared to what he did last year with that "Hedi's Girls" editorial - this falls FLAT in comparison.

Anna Selevelenza (sp?) as a Slimane muse? Perfect example of polar-opposite aesthetics!! :innocent:

:innocent:

I like Anna S. better when she channeled Carine. She just looks so pedestrian in the slimane ed.

Not the best look for her, she looks way better with her hair down, and I agree with MMA it's so boring, I wish Hedi mix B&W and color pictures more often like he did for Vogue hommes Japan.

I'm surprised about the cover and I think it's a little bit boring.

why i'm not surprised when i see VP eds right now?? it's feel so typical every issue. there's no surprising photography or eds. and that anna s eds with slimane is so boring. typical slimane's photo. i'm hoping more to Vogue Paris? is it because Fabien Baron has left the magazine??

Anna, Magdalena and Malgosia. Cant wait

I don't like the cover. It's so not VP for me :unsure: Anyway can't wait to see Magda's ed :woot:

There's also Elise Crombez and Aline Weber by Paola Kudacki, and Kathie White (The Ting Tings) by David Sims ^_^

Last edited by a moderator:
I rather like the cover :smile: Christy poking out her tongue makes it look like she had fun on the shoot, its a different facial expression from the look-and-glare-pose, but at the same time, Christy with her tongue out doesn't mean she's degrading Vouge Paris or anything; I think it kinda represents that models can have fun too! I usually like all of Hedi's work; I can find all different gradients of greys within the picture, and his work emphasises the smallest details that colour sometimes can't do- but Anna's editorial is a little bland- theres a strange stiffness to some of the pictures even with the creative shapes made by her legs and clothes. :unsure: but I'm sure it will grow on me. I can't stop staring at the shoes Yasmin is wearing... I'd only try walking in them if I had a firm metal bar glued to a wall to support me :shock: I like the first shot of Erin's editorial, but then it does become a little repetitive and the colour/clothes just seem to engulf her sometimes. :huh:

There's also Elise Crombez and Aline Weber by Paola Kudacki, and Kathie White (The Ting Tings) by David Sims ^_^

That's two VP issues in a row for Elise! I love her so I'm happy, although a little surprised :lol:

Oh well, not even Anna could save this issue for me, I just cannot stand Slimage work in photography.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redspot
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->