Vogue Paris October 2008 : Christy Turlington by Inez & Vinoodh

lets pretend that erin wasson editorial doesn't exist

someone else could have pulled it off though coughnatashacough

I was ready to dislike the cover when I read the thread title but this is great :buzz: Christy looks amazing and I love the pose/facial expression/styling :wub:

The Lakshmi/Yasmin ed looks great (Vogue Paris does studio shoots with a white background like no other magazine!)
I'm excited about the rest of the editorials!

My only complaints are about Erin's editorial because
1) As some people have already pointed out, it's a bit too reminiscent of Raquel's fur ed
2) I agree that someone else could have done a better job (OhJane, I think Natasha would have been perfect :wub: )

i love natasha but she's almost in every single issue of VP. i don't wanna get tired of her. i've never been a fan of erin but i think she did a good job. i like her ed.

please no more natasha with Terry, and after all that would be the copy of febuary VP issue

Hahah Natasha always brings up the good stuff imo aswell, but ya in general i think all mags need to use wider range of models.

Erin's ed reminds me of Daria's shoot from about a year ago. The latter looked miles better but Erin really brings it here and i'm glad she's appearing in editorials again.

And is Anna S replacing Lara & her girls? :P

The Yasmin/Lakshmi edit looks almost exactly like an ed Liya had in VP like 5 years ago :innocent:

What can I say? I love it. I&V can do no wrong in my book. Together with Christy they always produce magic.

the rest of the eds looks good too.

Hmmm...I got excited just by reading the title...and then it fell like a soufflé.
As much as I love Christy and the playful pose, the cardigan looks horrid on her.
The styling on the Erin Wasson ed is horrible, I like the concept, but the red and fur matching doesn't look good in practice.

Same goes for the Lakshmi/Yasmin ed, they both look smoking and fierce but the clothes ? What the hell happened there ?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm in Milano right now and I've been able to get a copy from the newsstands (Don't ask me how I got it here before it comes out in France :huh:)

It's a really wonderful issue.
Demarchelier's ed is styled by Carlyne Gere :blink: A new fashion editor at Vogue Paris is pretty unusual.

Thanks for the info! I've never heard of Carlyne Gere.

I never got the whole fascination with the 'supers'. I'm so tired of it - time and time again we're reminded that we'll never have models like the 'supermodels', and they were one of a kind and blah blah blah

Why can't we MAKE supermodels instead of just talking and reminiscing about the 'good old days'??

Surely there is a multitude of girls that have star-making potential - why can't Vogue Paris embrace them. Give Raquel or Anja or Natasha or any other top model a cover! Live for today not for yesterday! :lol: :innocent:

I kinda like the cover, except for the tongue thing... isn´t there a mag with that type of cover out now? I can´t remember which one...
And I agree with most comments on Erin´s ed but I´m glad that she has a spread in a major magazine, it´s been a while...
Thanks for the previews everyone :smile:

mm.. the cover it's ok for me, except for the tongue But I don't really love it because of Christy Nobody can denny that she and all the 90 supers are still gorgeous. But It's 2008 I'm sure there are plenty of girls like Sasha, Natasha P. Coco R, Vlada, Lily, that can be OUR supermodels from our era, why editors can get over them, if people want the supermodels to come back they have to put new girls in that place.

The Erin ed is...mm.... I'll pretend it don't exist like someone said already..And I'm already tired of those LV shoes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redspot
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->