Vogue Paris September 2014 : Natalia Vodianova by Mert Alas & Marcus Piggott

That's why it looks familiar - could've easily been from the same shoot (except for the 4 year gap).

Vogue Russia september 2010

***DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES***

fashion gone rogue

The resemblance is actually uncanny, :smile:
This is such a let down, I was expecting Karlie.

Last edited by a moderator:
I feel like any other model in the same styling would have been more intriguing. Is Natalia becoming boring? I think so.

I think we did a better job on the cover challange thread for the "september special" :rofl:

What an ugly cover. The styling is terrible, there is too much photoshop and absolutely nothing stands out...

Yay!
I'm so happy for Natalia, the cover is simply beautiful, looking forward to the content.

I'm disappointed too. Concept was good I like colors and lights but Natalia doesn't look okay with LV styling. Plunging nackline is so cheap. The wet look on her hair doeasn't help too. It's hard to believe that is the same person on Vanity Fair September cover..

I thought it was a reprints because I felt like i saw it before until KateTheGreatest showed the Vogue Russia's photo. Same concept and look and this is beyond boring

There is just a cover and i can't jugde an issue by its cover. However, the cover looks so bland itself not to mention the over photoshop.

Only Vogue Japan has the quality of the september issue so far, IMO. I still have hope for Vogue It. How about Vogue US? No thanks.

^Totally agree with you, Vogue Japan is the best so far and I have hope for Vogue Italia too.

oh god so even the Vogue Paris don´t save this years September (thank god there is Vogue Japan)... the cover is horrendous

Last edited by a moderator:
I wouldn't mind a boring shot on the cover if the model choice was unexpected or at least, different. So predictable! They've been working for models such as Raquel for so long and she hasn't had the chance to grace the cover under Alt's edition yet.

I was hoping for something bold, different and shocking... but this leaves me cold. I love Natalia but this is the same as her March VP cover.. as Emmanuelle would say, she looks "vulnerable". The VR comparison is really haunting.. Boring

What a disappointing cover! As much as I like Natalia, this just doesn't do her or VP justice.

Yeah I immediately thought about that Vogue Russia shoot. How incredibly lame.

Her Vogue Russia spread all over again, which I loved but this is quite hard to look at for some reason. Mert and Marcus what are you doing....

What's with all the Louis Vuitton for the covers? Yes, the collection was outstanding but what about other designers and all those forgotten gorgeous outfits...

What's with all the Louis Vuitton for the covers? Yes, the collection was outstanding but what about other designers and all those forgotten gorgeous outfits...

It's all about the ad $$$ and Vuitton is buying a lot in magazines this season to introduce Ghesquiere's vision.

It's VR redux...and although I like the outfit, I find the lighting very harsh. If Joe McKenna styled the main M&M ed though I am interested in seeing it...VP has been doing a little better than usual recently IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
turnipcookie
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->