Vogue Paris November 2014 : Adriana Lima by Mert Alas & Marcus Piggott

what is this new M&M crappy trend of shooting only covers?! :angry:

The grey background is boring, but you can just pass Adriana's eyes. They are so piercing. Love it. People, i think everyone knows Adrian Lima, even my ex bf who knows nothing about fashion. She is so beautiful, exotic and sexy. Suprised it is her first cover.

The editorials are nothing new so far, but Natasha and Sasha never dissapoint.

Review:

Mode

"Une fille un style"
Photographer: Matthew Kristall
Stylist: Morgane Bedel
Celeb (handbag designer:( Delphine Delafon
3 pages

"Miss Vogue: L’Automne en douce"
Photographer: Scott Trindle
Stylist: Géraldine Saglio
Model: Isabeli Fontana
10 pages

"La Pirate"
Photographers: Inez & Vinoodh
Stylist: Emmanuelle Alt
Model: Natasha Poly
16 pages

"Blue Note"
Photographers: Mert Alas & Marcus Piggott
Stylist: Joe McKenna
Model: Mariacarla Boscono
10 pages

"Haute Couture"
Photographer: Glen Luchford
Stylist: Anastasia Barbieri
Model: Sasha Pivovarova
14 pages

"Hors-piste"
Photographer: Gilles Bensimon
Stylist: Claire Dhelens
Model: Karlie Kloss
14 pages

Beauté

"Le Bel âge"
Photographer: Giampaolo Sgura
Stylist: Célia Azoulay
Model: Anna Selezneva
5 pages

"Esthétique générationelle"
Photographer: Angelo Penneta
Models: Georgia May Jagger, Jerry Hall
2 pages

"Cool Girl"
Model: Caroline de Maigret
2 pages

"Règne animal"
Photographer: Giampaolo Sgura
Model: Anna Selezneva
2 pages

"Double jeu"
Photographer: Mario Sorrenti
Stylist: Suzanne Koller
Models: Eliza Cummings, Grace Hartzel, Lexi Boling, Alisa Ahmann, Nadja Bender, Othilia Simon
12 pages

It's the Beauty Issue

review by me

Review:

Mode

"Blue Note"
Photographers: Mert Alas & Marcus Piggott
Stylist: Joe McKenna
Model: Mariacarla Boscono
10 pages

"Haute Couture"
Photographer: Glen Luchford
Stylist: Anastasia Barbieri
Model: Sasha Pivovarova
14 pages

"Hors-piste"
Photographer: Gilles Bensimon
Stylist: Claire Dhelens
Model: Karlie Kloss
14 pages

review by me

These got me very very excited!! :blush:

I´m not familiar with Scott Trindle´s work so I´m really looking forward to his ed with Isabeli :smile:

I can't with Karlie having editorial every month but never make it into cover :(

When there's no story inside to accompany the cover, I feel like it's false advertising.

When the cover shot draws me in, I like to see the concept expanded.

i am completely baffled by the lack of Adriana editorial. totally disappointing.

Karlie and Bensimon are becoming quite a team. how many edits have they done together now? i always like how they turn out. he brings out her sporty-sexy side.

First September and now November... I hate when there's no story accompanying the cover. I feel cheated.

I'm pretty annoyed by the lack of a cover story. This concept had so much potential with Adriana and M&M. So disappointing.

That said, I am beyond excited for Mariacarla's M&M ed! :buzz:

I'm pretty annoyed by the lack of a cover story. This concept had so much potential with Adriana and M&M. So disappointing.

Yeah, what a tease. Oh well, I'm at least hoping that she will be featured a lot more now from now on.

Month after month, the same girls in similar settings. People don't pile on Vogue Paris nearly as much as they do on US Vogue and others.
There appears to be sufficient beauty angles this month, I don't know why Alt couldn't allocate at least one of them to the covergirl. Perhaps lack of faith?

How could they choose the EXACT same name (Hors Piste) for a story that has been already used (remember the ski story with Iselin Steiro by Mikael Jansson)?! Not to mention that it's one of the most referenced shoots. UGH this is pathetic. No research + lazyness to its highest form. Can't believe how trite this publication (and my ex-bible) has become. And yet for some inexplicable reason, I still buy it, just because I'm curious. Does anyone know if VP is doing well in terms of reception/circulation? Would be interested to know.

Really? The upper part of the cover is literally crowded with the red masthead, her blue eyes, the heavy make-up, all the Photoshop going on, the cover lines in red and white, the mesh... While the other part of the cover is way emptier, and the lower part of a picture can handle in a better way visual weights.

This so much! I had a deja vu when opening the thread. There's something very similar out there but I don't what it is... yet.

^Dalianah Arekion for S moda magazine (1 month ago:(blink:

nextmanagement

^ And also Frida Gustavsson by Thomas Klementsson for the September issue of Pala Magazine (2 months ago)..

plazamagazine.se

well, the only thing these pics have in common is the headpiece imo... makeup, expressions and photography are different.

Lol
But Adriana did it way better! So I don´t care :P
------------------------------------------
I wish the Vogue Paris background was black instead of grey & the red colors to be Ferarri Red!

Thank you ever so much for the review, 2ou3choses! The issue sounds like it's full of great content, so I look forward to seeing each and every story. 'Hors Piste' instantly reminds me of Iselin Steiro's story from the November 2006 issue. I anticipate how Gilles Bensimon handled the snow as opposed to the sea and beaches of St. Barts.

This is the most boring cover ever. Hopefully that the content pays for that. Mert and Marcus got extremely lazy last 2 years.

I still don't know why Bensimon works in here ...
I was very glad when Carine Roitfeld brought back from the past Hans Freuer ... but Bensimon ? I would have preferred Marc Hispard (where is he now ? I guess he's retired, non ? He's been working since the 1960s ... ahah.)

There are so many talented young photographers out there ...
There was a time when fashion magazines discovered new photographers, helped them have a portfolio ... But I guess young photographers have other media, now ... There are tons of magazines where they can exercise ...

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roller69
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->