Vogue Paris March 2014 : Lara Stone by Mert Alas & Marcus Piggott

Natasha Poly by Mario Sorrenti, styled by Jane How:

bellazon.com

Anna has VP written all over her even if she's kind of a poor man's Lara.

loving Natasha Poly in that editorial.

it's so strange to me to think about that whole generation of high-fashion model from the mid-2000's. there was a big group of them that achieved fabulous success in high fashion but never ever made even the most remote inroads into general popular culture. when you look at the fashion careers of Natasha, Anja, Trentini, Stam, Snejana, Iselin, Freja, Sasha, Raquel. ALL of them have been extraordinarily successful in terms of editorials and campaigns and collaborations with photographers, etc. but none of them have achieved any recognition outside of the world of high fashion. they were the girls that RULED the industry for a solid 4 or 5 years and yet none of them would be known to a single member of the general public. this isn't a criticism of these models, just an observation of that time in fashion.

i wonder where we'll place them when we think of fashion history? will they be forgotten over the years (obviously not by their many ardent fans, but i mean by the general fashion folks)? or will this era in fashion be viewed as a kind of special period where fashion was almost entirely introspective and insular?

^Gorgeous editorials. *** Natasha nailed it!

Last edited by a moderator:
'Fatale' by Mert & Marcus :buzz:
Models: Lara Stone, Anna Luisa Ewers & Amanda Wellsh

Part I

bellazon.com via Sanja

'Fatale' by Mert & Marcus :buzz:
Models: Lara Stone, Anna Luisa Ewers & Amanda Wellsh

Part II

bellazon.com via Sanja

Super stellar ed!!!! It's official, I'm in love with Amanda! :blush:
WOW this issue is really GOOD! :woot:

I am blown away by the main ed. Everything is perfect; the casting, the styling, the photography! One of the best issues under Alt ever! Can't wait to get it!

And... :blush:
'Portrait Of A Lady' :flower:
Ph: Inez & Vinoodh
Model: Edie Campbell

bellazon.com via Sanja

LOVE the Fatale ed :heart: So hot, so VP. Amanda looks smashing! Don't get why they cast Anna as she looks exactly like Lara...

Like I&V's ed as well.

Oh my ****ing god. Fatale is the best thing Mert & Marcus have done in a long time, I cant point a flaw, its simply sensational.
*** Edie´s and Natasha´s editorials are positive as well.
Great issue!

And one (really) random editorial....

'Coup De Tête'
Ph: Gilles Bensimon
Model: Toni Garrn

bellazon.com via Sanja

p.s. there is always one ed that screws up a perfect issue, like this one! :flower: I'm not saying it's bad or ugly, but it is very normal & so so random...

Don't get why they cast Anna as she looks exactly like Lara...

HAHA THIS SO MUCH. I seriously thought it was just Amanda and Lara from the thumbnails and didn't notice it was Anna until I saw this comment :rolleyes:

Edie's ed is gorgeous!!! They better give her a cover soon. What an amazing issue!

p.s. there is always one ed that screws up a perfect issue, like this one! :flower: I'm not saying it's bad or ugly, but it is very normal & so so random...

It definitely doesnt fit in with the mood of the rest of the eds. It also reminds me of Karlie's hair ed/article in US Vogue last year.

On another note, Natasha's ed is the absolute highlight of the issue for me. She always does great work with Sorrenti.

LOVE every ed posted, also that is the reason i dont mind Edie, she can really bring it, and be used well!

I like the casting. the fatale story is amazing... reminds me of the powerful carine editorials in the past...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Denisa Imeraj
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->