What Castings Did You Go On Recently?

juliana28

Reaction score
I haven't been on any castings recently, so.... I thought I would ask where everyone else has been!

It doesn't matter what market you're in, I'm still interested.

I saw this yesterday but since Ali won't be going on castings for awhile I thought I'd wait and someone would let you know that early/middle Aug is vacation time for a lot of people in the fashion industry. Don't worry though things will be heating up pretty soon for the NY ready to wear shows,then Milan and Paris if you do runway. Good luck. :flower:

Originally posted by juliana28@Aug 23 2004, 03:51 PM
I haven't been on any castings recently, so.... I thought I would ask where everyone else has been!

It doesn't matter what market you're in, I'm still interested.
[snapback]342851[/snapback]​

Are you in New York? What agency are you with?

Originally posted by Love4Armani@Aug 25 2004, 09:25 AM
what are castings? and when are fashion model contests?...
[snapback]344784[/snapback]​

A casting is basically a situation where you meet a client either at the agency or at their location. A model takes his/her portfolio and composite cards (showing the model and their statistics). Agencies will send models on open castings, arrange for them to see a client, or the client can request to see a certain model.
Many agencies will promote a model first (by sending her comp. card/or polaroids)before sending her on castings.
Hope this helps you some! :flower:

Most agencies will list their contests on their websites.

I personally don't like talking about what castings I'm going on. Nor do I really care what other models are doing... :smile: :smile:

Originally posted by model_mom@Aug 25 2004, 03:05 PM
So nice of you to help. :flower:
[snapback]345115[/snapback]​

No problem (if you are talking to me).... In a recent thread called "model salary" there are quite a few people talk about castings and what other models are doing... Hope some of this info helps juliana28!

Originally posted by metal-on-metal@Aug 25 2004, 07:01 AM
Are you in New York? What agency are you with?
[snapback]344707[/snapback]​

Yeah, I'm in NYC. I'm with a top 5 agency, but would prefer not to say which one.
I was just curious if anyone else had anything going on, as this is a slow time...

Originally posted by AlmostFamous@Aug 25 2004, 02:16 PM
I personally don't like talking about what castings I'm going on.  Nor do I really care what other models are doing... :smile: :smile:
[snapback]345066[/snapback]​
is that for security

Originally posted by Love4Armani@Aug 25 2004, 09:08 PM
is that for security
[snapback]345455[/snapback]​

I just don't see the point. The only girls talking about what they are doing find themselves to be better than everyone else because of it. And, I don't want people to think I'm coming off as bragging if I happen to be doing well.

Every model is different, there's no use in comparing yourself to one another. You're just going to stress yourself out wondering why you don't have the same castings/jobs/etc as other girls.

Originally posted by AlmostFamous@Aug 26 2004, 11:39 AM
I just don't see the point. The only girls talking about what they are doing find themselves to be better than everyone else because of it. And, I don't want people to think I'm coming off as bragging if I happen to be doing well.

Every model is different, there's no use in comparing yourself to one another. You're just going to stress yourself out wondering why you don't have the same castings/jobs/etc as other girls.
[snapback]346079[/snapback]​

In the past is seems as though you have told us all about your castings, jobs etc. - I don't think that you ever came off as bragging and I know that everyone on TFS loves hearing about them . Just my opinion. :flower:

Originally posted by Sloan@Aug 26 2004, 01:32 PM
In the past is seems as though you have told us all about your castings, jobs etc. - I don't think that you ever came off as bragging and I know that everyone on TFS loves hearing about them . Just my opinion. :flower:
[snapback]346189[/snapback]​

I've decided to stop talking about it for the most part because, people either get the wrong idea, or I feel as if I'm about to jynx myself. :lol: This summer sitting around the model apartment and having girls come in just dying to know how many castings you had, or what options you have, or whether or not your working just seemed completely catty and slightly vapid. haha I couldn't stand it!!! Then if you did answer and heaven forbid you were doing well, they got this look on their face wishing that they never asked in the first place. I guess from expirience, I've learned to keep most of it to myself. :flower:

Originally posted by AlmostFamous@Aug 26 2004, 01:48 PM
I've decided to stop talking about it for the most part because, people either get the wrong idea, or I feel as if I'm about to jynx myself. :lol: This summer sitting around the model apartment and having girls come in just dying to know how many castings you had, or what options you have, or whether or not your working just seemed completely catty and slightly vapid. haha I couldn't stand it!!! Then if you did answer and heaven forbid you were doing well, they got this look on their face wishing that they never asked in the first place. I guess from expirience, I've learned to keep most of it to myself. :flower:
[snapback]346198[/snapback]​

Good Luck with everything! :flower:

Originally posted by AlmostFamous@Aug 26 2004, 01:48 PM
[snapback]346198[/snapback]​
thats partly the reason why i wrote my signature, cause some people can go crazy easy and just take it so personally, making an arguement..blah blah blaaaaaaah, (shut up) :sick:

Originally posted by juliana28@Aug 25 2004, 08:41 PM
Yeah, I'm in NYC. I'm with a top 5 agency, but would prefer not to say which one.
I was just curious if anyone else had anything going on, as this is a slow time...
[snapback]345396[/snapback]​

Some do get work at this time; but as model mom said, this is usually a slow time of year. The agencies have sent out their show packets; so hopefully you'll be busy really soon and have a great season.

Good luck!

Originally posted by juliana28@Aug 25 2004, 07:41 PM
[snapback]345396[/snapback]​
Juliana Martins?

Last one I went on was Donna Magazine (it is italian).

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmarisMoonlover
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->