When Did You Start Wearing Makeup?

Discussion in 'The Beauty Cupboard' started by Caramel Candy, May 24, 2003.

1. Odette

Odette New Member

I painted my nails and wear lip-gloss since I was 11-12 but that only happened three-four times a year. So I consider that nothing, because nail paint and gloss in no make-up. Its was when I turned 15 that I started to wear fond de teint, pink blush, pink gloss and mascara(brown one) and this happened like twice per week. People thought I was looking very cute and never realized about that I was actually wearing make-up. I still have the same make-up routine and I do not wear kohl if its not white!

2. redheadedvixxen

redheadedvixxen New Member

I think I first started wearing makeup on a regular basis when I was about 19 years old. I've become "foofier" and more girly girl as I get older. I'm still no painted princess, mind you. :D

3. COUTURE

COUTURE New Member

I started wearing a little bit of make up when I was about 12 (clear Mascara and lipgloss) and I started wearing more when I started highschool.

4. LoveMyBoots

LoveMyBoots Active Member

About two years ago (I'm 13 now) but its only mascara, eyeliner and some lipgloss or lip balm. I usually just go out with moisturizer with SPF.

5. torrix

torrix New Member

6. laurlaur

laurlaur New Member

About 7th grade. I was all punk and grungy, so I had my make-up completely done and perfect and the rest of me was dirty and unwashed.

7. indie

indie New Member

about 12-13 years old.

8. anhphan

anhphan Member

i started wearing make up when i was in gr.10...which was when i was 16..

9. danceras

danceras New Member

haha I started wearing makeup when i was 3 for dance recitals. been wearing makeup since:D . i actually have quite a collection now since i get my mom to buy me Nars for "recital makeup".:innocent:

10. rubyredcherrypie

rubyredcherrypie New Member

6th grade, but i don't wear much now. Just Mascara, a brown color on my eyes, chapstick and if i crammed the night before- concealer.

11. angela xx

angela xx New Member

probably towards the end of my eighth grade year, just mascara and a little colored eyeliner but it wasnt even noticable. and then in ninth grade i started wearing black/dark brown mascara and eyeliner. and now that im entering my junior year, im throwing in a little concealer along w/ the mascara and eyeliner.

12. stylexstar

stylexstar New Member

I painted my nails a little bit when I was about 8 just for the fun of it and wore lip gloss since like age 10/11. Now I'm 13, going onto 14 and I'm still not allowed to wear much make-up, just colored lip gloss and I can wear regular make up for special occasions.

13. Jane Loves Marc

Jane Loves Marc New Member

I started maybe when I was 12...? Yeah, 12....oh man, had a brief fling with a tube of eyeliner...that was a bad look. I figured out that I looked crap pretty quickly and started only using blush and concealer.

I'm still only 13 (almost 14) now and I wear makeup everyday. Not much though; tinted moisturizer, blush, mascara, and concealer when I need it.

14. susie_bubble

susie_bubble New Member

I smeared it all over me at the age of 4. My mum was not best too pleased!
    I only started wearing it properly at 16...just some powder and lipbalm and mascara.

15. Mythique

Mythique New Member

I started wearing makeup regularly when I was about 11 or 12 (but I always wanted to before then and I always liked rather extreme makeup) I started doing very unusual make up in high school, like drawing designs on my face and such. I do not do that as often any more because of both laziness and self consciousness, but I still favor wearing quite a bit of make up. I will post some recent pics eventually. I do not remeber when I started wearing fingernail polish but I always wear it now along with fairly long nails (not as long as they used to be though. I used to wear them long and pointed.)

16. snowqueen

snowqueen New Member

I am actually ashamed to say I still havent really started to wear make up yet, i nly wear it wehn i go out clubbingetc. I used to wear it all the time from like ages 10 -13 then i thort whats the point. Plus i never ahve time. And i look ugly with or with out it so .. I must admid im lazy with my apearence.

17. Joanna678

Joanna678 New Member

I think I started wearing it when I was about 15 or so. I used to wear blusher, mascara and grey eye liner then I remember! We werent allowed to wear it at school but they never seemed to notice!

18. Nataliaa

Nataliaa New Member

I remember wearing it at the start of high school when i was around 13 on odd occasions, But i dont think i started to really bother with it until i was 14-15.
    I wish i had the days back where i just didnt even notice my face without makeup and never wear it ! Ohhh

19. chicca

chicca Active Member

really late, I've attended a Catholic school since the primary school and we had to wear uniforms and no make up, so I've started at 18 when I moved to London and I start to live on my own!!... I can't live without make up.. even only mascara and gloss but I've to wear it!

20. Boho Addict

Boho Addict New Member

I started wearing eye liner and lipstick by 14-15, during my hight school sophomore year.