When Did You Start Wearing Makeup?

I caused a riot in my class in fifth grade when I showed up with some blood red Guerlain lips.

I've been playing with my mum's make-up since I was wee.

Reseneace said:
Aw fille, you can join me and cowboyboots when we go a support group from our make up mistakes!

Can i join too? Here is my sad sob story (:wink: )

I used to wear to (and reapply at) school:

* Hot pink glittery lipstick
* Pale white-pink shimmery lipstick
* Aqua blue eyeshadow
* Black mascara (sometimes)
* Navy eyeshadow

(although i didnt wear ALL at the same time of course )

and if you havent fainted on the floor yet, keep in mind this was all at the tender age of 9! :blink: :yuk: :rofl:

Although the modelling course i took is to blame for starting me on make up so young; and also for the purchasing of the pale pink lipstick and navy eyeshadow. ^_^ Luckily i can laugh at my mistakes now.

Last edited by a moderator:
14...well when i did my first photo shoot and they put some on me... ever since then i always use it to cover imperfections

sneeking my moms make-up before school.....lol.....what a turkey i was

and im not even gay!!!! is that what you call vanity??????

when did you first start wearing makeup?

im 13 and a begginer at make up. i was just wondering if anyone would tell me when they started using makeup and what kind. i already where lipgloss. so thats no big deal. can anyone give me tips on how to use make up and maybe tell me what are some good colors for me to where.B) :flower: :wink:

if it helps. i have carmel/bronze colored skin(i am african american with a bit of native american),brown eyes, and long dark brown hair.:D

when i was 5, my mother used to let us wear nail polish on one fingertip only. we would get excited about which special finger to choose :smile:
i started wearing blush (elizabeth arden cheek lustre) at age 14, and began wearing full makeup at age 15. i loved my black liquid eyeliner!

I started wearing just eyeliner and mascara at 14. I've slowly added since then. I'm still not too good at putting on make up but I'm getting better.

I'm 14, going on 15 and I started wearing it about a year ago. I didn't really know how to use it, but now I'm a pro at it, if I do say so myself :P .

I started wearing eyeliner and mascara when i was 13. I haven't stopped since.

My mom always told me I couldnt wear makeup till I was 16 but she never said anything to me when she saw me putting it on .she did let me wear mascara when I was 12

I am the youngest of six children and have four older sisters & one lone brother. My eldest sister is 13 years older than I am, and the youngest is 5 years older. Two of my sisters were gifted these life-sized Barbie doll heads with curlable hair and makeup-appliable faces. Once these were thoroughly devastated with scissors and maybelline, they started in on me. I remember being held down and painted on a regular basis probably starting around age 5. They used to put these shirley temple curls in my dead straight blackish hair, and rouge, mascara, fingernail polish, eyeshadow...the works. "There, now you're pretty."

To this day I still am really fond of soap.

I still remember the first time i tried a properly applied grey eye pencil, it was my sister´s and was from body shop, i was 13 or 14.
It looked amazing one me and i was stunned by the way it changed my look! :D
...still love grey eye pencils to the day!!!!

Still remember the fisrt time i tried on mascara...and was amazed to by what it did to my eyes and to the way they looked!

the first time i ever wore makeup was when i was about 6 and i had got a Barbie lipstick and i was soooo proud of it, i remember my cousin who was probably about 9 at the time (so she seemed really grown up!!)
From about 8-till the end o primary school i had a thing about buying nailvarnish, i had bright pink, brown with sparkles :sick: , blue and god knows wot other hideous colours. i also had a thing about body glitter, i had heaps of the stuff, i had a blue which was my faveourite - why, why???. i also had gold, sliver, purple, pink and green. i used to wear bright pink shiny eyeshadow with the body glitter caked on my face and tinted lipbalm at about 10, can i join the therapy group???
When i started senior school (11) i wore horrid eyeshadows bright purple and pink,blue and lipgloss. At the age of 12 i wore powder, lipgloss, mascara, blusher and eyeshadow to school. Now 14 going on 15, i just wear powder, mascara and lipgloss to school, if i go out i wear the same but with eyeshadow and blush(sometimes). I still cant to eyeliner though :( i tried but looked like a panda:blush: . i think i have definately learnt from my make up disasters and now my taste - the body glitter still haunts me!!- and technique is quite good! :flower:

Last edited by a moderator:
juciy*couture said:
im 13 and a begginer at make up. i was just wondering if anyone would tell me when they started using makeup and what kind. i already where lipgloss. so thats no big deal. can anyone give me tips on how to use make up and maybe tell me what are some good colors for me to where.B) :flower: :wink:

if it helps. i have carmel/bronze colored skin(i am african american with a bit of native american),brown eyes, and long dark brown hair.:D

hey, perhaps u could try using mascara and eyeshadow which are quite easy. Then when u have mastered that u could try a little foundation/concelar/powder and eyeliner. for tips on putting eyeliner on u could look on this thread http://www.thefashionspot.com/forums/f47/how-eyeliner-42690.html. as for colours on most make up counters theyll be happy to tell u what colours will look best on you, hope this helps :flower:

i think i was 12 or something.. well around that. gosh i remember those day. my mom didn't want me to use black mascara, because it made you look "tough" so i had to use brown :D and i think i stole my moms eyeshadow box that had 15 different eyeshadowcolours and of course i was tempted by the pinks and blues :innocent: ou and i had almost white lipstick (very very pale pink...). i was such a teenager.

I always played with my mom's make-up when I was little. Then around 10 or something I took it seriously. My mom sold make-up, so, I just wore the full deal. ^_^ It didn't always look good though. And until the last couple years, I couldn't imagine going anywhere without full make-up, I was just too accustomed to it. I thought I would be ugly without it. :ninja: Now I dig wearing less. I'm 17 btw.

The first time that I wore makeup was when I was 6-when I got my first lipstick. I didn't like makeup that much though although I loved dressing up, so I would sneak some of my mom's old stuff when I was in the 6th grade. So she came home from work one day, got annoyed, and banned me from makeup for a month. After that I got so into makeup-I bought almost anything Bonne Bell and Jane, and in any shade. I had so many disasters-my favourite was the dark purple Wet/Wild Halloween lipstick that I wore to my mom's cousin's ordination as a pastor. Also bronzer all over the face, the Hello Kitty blue lip balms...but I really started becoming a makeup addict during my 8th grade year.

I'm used to makeup though because I act.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->