Why Do All The Models Smoke?

Amélie

Reaction score
It's really starting to get on my nerves seeing models smoking like all the time...and it's as if they are smoking promoters! i mean...i kno some ppl are addicted and it is hard to stop, but the models act as if it's 'cool' or something...i think that's horrible...can anyone give me any insight?
100116324.jpg
100105078.jpg

100110524.jpg
100108456.jpg

It puts something in their mouths thats not food...

It gives them something to with their hands...

It helps keep them thin???

:unsure: :wink:

Yeh see, i thought that too alliecat...but it's still horrible...i thought maybe a model out there could suggest something...i mean, do they think it's cool?

i've noticed this too :wacko:
i am so tired of it! :rolleyes:

winter0304_backstage14.jpg

it's probably just stress!
being a model isn't as easy as one would think.

It gives them something to do backstage. Thankfully, it mostly seems to be a lot of the "older" models who are doing it. Carmen Kass, for example, and you can definately see it's effects on her. :(

Another picture of Carmen Kass smoking...
:ninja:
Kate Moss is another model who's known for her habit. Again, it generally seems to be most popular with the older generation.

Attachments

• smoke.jpg
    smoke.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 95
:wacko: If female models could smoke when they were on the runway.............................that must be cool :blush:

Maybe they do it for hunger supression,weight control, or maybe it's just something to keep them busy backstage

tryin to find some juicy photos :ninja: they're actually quite hard to come by but for some reason i've seen models puffing everywhere atm!!!
100065384.jpg
100063911.jpg

carmen must be the worst culprit...and she's my favorite model!!!! carmen! your puffing your self to an early grave hunny!!!
100058659.jpg
100058983.jpg

Carmen Kass should quit smoking if she's serious about a political career. I don't know of many politicians who smoke (other than cigars I guess).

maybe it's jus the old ones caz the youngs ones are underage :ninja: i would be shocked if say gemma smoked...
100126483.jpg

I remember seeing this video once where two young models were being interviewed. Despite the intelligence of Anouk Lepere, among other models, these girls didn't appear to be all that bright. Anyway, the spent the entire video giggling away and at the end- they begged the camera person to allow them to smoke again. :cry: Pretty pathetic overall. Anyway, I'd love to find it for you guys, if only I can remember the website. I think it might have been from bThere, I'll take a look.

awww, cheers purple...
i jus don't think i understand it...models should be setting a good example for young women such as myself...half my year smokes and it makes me sick...
and i don't see how women smoke since we're already so concerned about how we look and if we're fat and so on...

Originally posted by Amelié@May 27th, 2004 - 10:26 am
awww, cheers purple...
i jus don't think i understand it...models should be setting a good example for young women such as myself...
Personally, I don't really want to be like those girls anyway. :wink: I do know what you mean though...
However, maybe it's just the legality thing, but I am noticing it to be less of a trend lately. Which is pretty heartening. :flower:

Originally posted by Amelié@May 27th, 2004 - 9:09 am
maybe it's jus the old ones caz the youngs ones are underage :ninja: i would be shocked if say gemma smoked...
... or sweet little TIIU!! :cry:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amywhiffen
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->