Your List of "True Supermodels" and why.....

PussyLee

Reaction score
My List:

Linda Evangelista - She understands fashion and willing to undergo several changes of looks to express herself.

Naomi Campbell - The true Diva of Runway Fashion! Need I say more?

Gisele Bundchen - A true freak of nature. Gisele is meant to model, given that amazing body. Her face has the right balance of sophistication, sharpness and edginess. SHE'S PROBABLY THE BEST MODEL IN HISTORY! She's the best poser, The best Walker, Best working attitude ( she's always fun), Best Covergirl!!!

Kate Moss - She opened doors for the Alternatives. She was a Sensation when she arrived and she has the best fashion sense of all models around.

^^^
Daria Werbowy - genetically gifted, almost a perfect model clone
Carmen Kass - She can work every frock on the runway and looked cool doing it!
Isabelli Fontana - beautiful

:censored: You guys!!!!!

Can you at least Post on my thread??????

:ermm: :ermm: :ermm:

:wacko: :wacko:

-_-

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree to your first list.

Tyra - to me, a supermodel is a supermodel when the people know that her job description is looking good in front of a camera.
Turlington
Gia
Angela

A supermodel just doesn't happen in these days. I'm sure people cried when dandies became extinct (although Stephen Colbert might resurrect that), but people got over it. But then we never know if supies will die.

^^^ Tyra is a swimsuit Model

Supermodels has to have a super-high Fashion Cred

for example, Shalom Harlow is much more than Tyra.

But Thanks for posting :smile:

PussyLee said:
:censored: You guys!!!!!

Can you at least Post on my thread??????

:ermm: :ermm: :ermm:

:wacko: :wacko:

-_-
You remind me of Janice Dickinson! I love it:flower:

Anyways, I would pick Gemma Ward because her look is unique, she's very versatile (OK.. I'm being bias 'cause she's one of my favorite models!)

And.. and... and...
I know nothing about fashion and what not so I can't really elaborate:blush:

0001602p0rv.gif

pinkvolvo said:
You remind me of Janice Dickinson! I love it:flower:

Thanks for your Legend-to-legend comparison:rolleyes:

Janice is a legend in modelling and so am I here at TFC!:sick:

Gemma Ward & Daria Werbowy are NOT supermodels :huh:, they are fashion models, TOP MODELS, not SUPER.

My List:

- Cindy C
- the Trinity : Naomi-Christy-Linda
- Claudia Schiffer
- Helena Christensen
- Tatjana Patitz
- Stephanie Seymour

PussyLee said:
^^^
i'm not sure i got what you meant... clone of what? :unsure:

just to reply to your question, since i'm here, i stick to the usual big old names. i don't think there're real supermodels nowadays, apart from - partially - gisele, who imo, actually, gave up some of her initial high fashion potential. she seems to be the one working on both sides of modeling though. and have a certain media impact.
about daria, i think she could put herself in gisele's path. this 2006 would have been decisive in that direction, but it's rather evident that she's very riserved and not interested in catching media attention. and that's a further reason to love her. personally i don't love mainstream anymore.

^ ops, i forgot kate moss, as a super still full time working. :hardhead: the best icon of our times, in the good and in the evil.

eword said:
about daria, i think she could put herself in gisele's path. this 2006 would have been decisive in that direction, but it's rather evident that she's very riserved and not interested in catching media attention.
no more excuses Eword, Daria can't be like Gisele, no with that nose and body.

**see tfs guidelines**

stop saying that she's reserved, that she's shy, that she's so smart as to appear in VS or SI, hello! if she has not appeared there it's because they dont want her, think about it. :innocent:

aww, i love that picture... inez and vinoodh for GQ. :blush: :smile:
thanks for even caring to post a picture of daria, that was very kind of you. do you have pics of daria in your archive or did you even make a search to find it?
since then "reserved" means "shy" though?!...

but let's stay on topic. i'm very eager to read p*ssy lee's further replies.
actually i always enjoying reading her posts.

eword said:
PussyLee said:
^^^
i'm not sure i got what you meant... clone of what? :unsure: .

What I'm trying to say is....Daria is an embodiment of what a designer conjures in his/her mind, Big Hair, Very Cat-like eyes, the feline nose (which I luv) and the bow-lips!!! She's a Total Dream girl of Karl Lagerfeld, for Gods sake's, HELLO!

Joseph26 said:

Gisele has a bigger Nose and No waist! What's to aspire??? Look, everyone is unique and special and can able to work their shortcomings.......:wink:

Joseph26 said:
stop saying that she's reserved, that she's shy, that she's so smart as to appear in VS or SI, hello! if she has not appeared there it's because they dont want her, think about it. :innocent:

I'm pretty sure VS or SI would die to have her, it's just that Daria prefers to work the High Couture..........VS would die to bring her "Hi fashion" cred to their company, since Gisele is sooo mainstream now and VS wants to distiguish themselves from other lesser brands!

Joseph26 said:

Daria is simply too good to appear at VS. She is too high fashion. She doesn' t need it nor does she need to appear in SI because I think that' s not the direction she wants her modelling career to take.

I don't think so, SI adores girls like these ones

**see tfs guidelines**

and Victoria's Secrets has understood that weird fashion models are not good for its shows, like when Karen Elson did it years ago, all the guys watching TV said WTF what's that? :yuk::yuk::yuk::yuk:

Sorry but Daria doesn't make the cut :doh:

There were lots of girls in there that weren't sexy. Morgan, for example (my brothers thought she was under-aged and made me check up her age) Stella Tennant was awful in that show but they still hired her. (granted she hasn't walked for VS since 2003...)

Cindy Crawford- When I was little I used to wish that I would look like her when I grew up. To me, she the ultimate supermodel. Everyone knows her name and face.
Models that have come after her:Nikki Taylor, Erin Wasson, most of the VS and SI models (although she's said it's foolish to think VS is a big deal)

Christy Turlington- Absolutely perfect face. I loved her doe-eyes and raised eyebrows.
Models that have come after her: Jessica Miller

Linda Evangelista- So versatile. She was unique and different but undeniably beautiful.
Models that have come after her: A lot of the current Canadian models and models that are "unique" (but not necessarily attractive)

Naomi Campbell- Fierceness at its best.
Models that have come after her: Some black and ethnic models (although not on the same runway)

Kate Moss- Changed the face of modeling. Even Bill Clinton called her out for heroin chic.
Models that have come after her: All of the ones on deathwatch and countless look-a-likes that have come up

Tyra Banks- Ultimate almost purely commercial model
Models that have come after her: Adriana Lima, Josie Maran

the word supermodel is so diluted it has no meaning.
its obvious in this thread, if people are calling daria and gemma supermodels(amazing top models but not supermodel material).
and tyra banks?! give me a break.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->