Your most unusual beauty/makeup tricks

fashionlova - try it, might work for you.

larita - what you think about the clarins spray?

the_ida - i've tried using one of those travel-spray-bottles with just water, and
i don't find the results the same as the avene. maybe it's the spray.

i usually use the spray on powder mineral foundation.

anyone have suggestions for setting eye make up? all eye-make up creases on me.
i use mac in those tubes as a base. sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.

the_ida - i've tried using one of those travel-spray-bottles with just water, and
i don't find the results the same as the avene. maybe it's the spray.
Of course it's the spray nozzle, water is just water :lol: I only use rose water because I like th scent. It makes no difference.

larita - what you think about the clarins spray?

I find it quite moisturising (more than plain water spray, but still no heavy feeling at all) and it's good for setting the make-up and prevent it from looking cakey. I wouldn't know if it works as promised (against pollution and el/magn. waves), but who knows? :P

The smell is a bit disturbing though.

for those of you who put loose shadow on your eyelashes to thicken it up....how do you get it to stay on the tips of the eyelashes? or do you just do the roots and quickly go over with mascara? basically, how do you get it to stick lol?tia! :flower:

^ I find that it just kind of glops on there... (is glop a word?)... I use a brush and use some shimmery powder stuff and it seems to just stick on the lashes. Sometimes after doing that, I'll put ONE coat of mascara on then sweep some shadow on, then put more mascara on.

I love the eyeshadow on eyelashes trick, I've never heard that before. Will definitely have to try this!

^ Let us know how it turns out. :wink:

I dab my mascara on a small creme eyeliner brush and use it to paint my lower lashes (especially the corner ones), this ensures a precise application and I get every single tiny lash to really stand out ^-^

Well, I've never done this tip since I have curly hair and it is for straight haired women.

Here it goes:

When you have some flyaways, spray some hairspray into a big powder brush (the biggest the better) but spray it from at least 1 foot away from the brush, then swipe the brush where the flyaways are. This is supposed to control flyaways without having to apply serums or hairspray on the entire hair. Hope it works for you, straight haired girls. I read this (I don't remember where) and I found it so interesting and different that I had to post it. :smile:

Last edited by a moderator:
Clear mascara is great for taming eyelashes, flyaways, and eyebrows. (My eyebrows have a mind of their own!:doh:) I sometimes also apply make-up and then take a bath or shower (very carefully!)- this helps to give a "dewy" look.

^ Reminds me of a time where my mom would only let me wear clear mascara... junior high, I think. :rolleyes:

after foundation i spray avene thermal spray, sets the make up and evens out the foundation.

I'm doing this as well (or if I run out I just use some Dr. Hauschka toner) and it does wonders. Just makes your skin glow. :blush:

Since I have very long, thin hair I use baby powder along my hairline to avoid my hair getting greasy. I also use some light peachy blush (absolute favorite is Benefit) instead of facial powders because they are less heavy and make you look awake and healthy no matter if you slept or not. :innocent:

I'm doing this as well (or if I run out I just use some Dr. Hauschka toner) and it does wonders. Just makes your skin glow. :blush:

Since I have very long, thin hair I use baby powder along my hairline to avoid my hair getting greasy. I also use some light peachy blush (absolute favorite is Benefit) instead of facial powders because they are less heavy and make you look awake and healthy no matter if you slept or not. :innocent:

Okay, let me see if I got this. You use blush instead of powder, but where? The whole face? Or you just use it as a blush and skip the powder? :huh:

I use a very soft color and very little of it. Sweep a very large brush gently through the powder and then dust it on your face in a big circular motion, starting at your nose. "Gorgia" by Benefit is my favorite but it really depends on your skin tone.

41DGPutXPyL._AA265_.jpg

amazon.com

I have a large(r) forehead, so to minimize the size I dust bronzer along my hairline.

I just plugged my eyebrows the way Laisla suggested and it has never been so easy and painless before. (I'm kind of squeamish when it comes to that :P). Thanks a lot for that trick! :flower:

This is probably not new but whenever your skin looks pale or ashen because you're sick or haven't slept right etc. a little bit of carrot oil mixed with your moisturizer warms up your complexion in an instant and gives it a nice healthy glow. This works a lot better for me than tinted moisturizers which I always find too dark and it doesn't rub off either.

Last edited by a moderator:
I read this trick on a makeup board a few minutes ago, so I haven't done it yet.

This girl says that if you want a concealer to match the exact color of your foundation, just put some of your foundation into a little sample jar and leave it in the fridge for 2-3 days loosely covered with a tissue. There you'll have it.

If someone tries it on before I do, let me know if it works

that foundation trick is really interesting thanks so much. i might actually try it...i suppose it thickens up the formula and lets some water evaporate from it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ozilya
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->