Your Top Collections of F/W 10.11

is it just me or was this season really weak?
i am not in love with any collection, i feel like i've seen it all before...

except for some outfits at balenciaga, no-one has really been trying to really push the envelope this season..

maybe i'm getting old

ugh, couldn't agree more. My top collection has to be Balenciaga. It was colorful, energetic, and fashion forward unlike other collections. I'm still dissapointed by how Vuitton was. I love last seasons, which was fun and gimmicky but fun, and it was a complete boring stale mess this season. Top collections that I loved from the top of my head were Versace, Chanel, Balenciaga, Thakoon, Donna Karan, DKNY, Alexander Wang, Givenchy, Balmain, Burberry Prorsum, Celine, Rodarte, Rag & Bone, Proenza Schouler, N21 Alessandro Dell'Acqua, Roberto Cavalli, & Karl Lagerfeld.

My big dissapointments were Vuitton, Missoni, & Marc Jacobs.

favorites:
N21
Balenciaga
Isabel Marant
Céline
Hermès

crap:
Altuzarra,Proenza Schouler and Chanel :sick:

Yes, (in addition to my 12 already listed) I liked Reed Krakoff's collection:

00070m.jpg

And there were some nice things in Richard Chai Love's collection too; I like the easy layering.

00170m.jpg

And there's always something in Rick Owens.

00230m.jpg

Agree with those who say Milan was rather lackluster this season; Prada's collection was good enough, ditto Miu Miu, but nothing stand out, imo. Such a personal preference thing, though, I guess.

Lanvin and Haider Ackerman were a tier above the rest. Gareth pugh, ann dem, A.F Vandevorst, and mcqueen were also very good.

best:
- Haider Ackermann
- L.A.M.B. by Gwen Stefani
- Alexander McQueen
- Christian Dior
- Elie Saab
- Hermes
- Vanessa Bruno
- Roberto Cavalli
- Rag & Bone
- Chanel :lol:

disappointing (because my expectations were high:(
- Isabel Marant
- Missoni

Last edited by a moderator:
Prada. Bits of YSL. Bits of Junya. Bits of Dries. Bits of Marc. Bits of Miu Miu. Half of Celine. Half of Jil.

As a whole, this is the weakest season in recent memory.

my list

1 Haider Ackermann
2 Balenciaga
3 Dries Van Noten
4 Yohji Yamamoto
5 Prada
6 Antonio Marras
7 Celine
8 Kenzon
9 Marc Jacob
10 Ann Demeulemeester

ok i'm disappointed, no one seems to like it...but this seasons, for men and even women, there is one collection :

Versace

why ? because 1st that was risquy ! and then it was simply efficient. there is a mix of futuristic inspirations and italian style. that was new, that was fresh, that was great. ok, yes we're far from sexy princess dress...yes that's true. but isn't fashion supposed to bring something to what was already done ? that what she and her new direction team did !

hopefully men seemed to enjoy that collection made for "us"...

Then, Chanel. did u noticed that collection is a "fabric miracle" ?
00540m.jpg

(from style.com)

karl talked about that look. it's technically incredible, this is a mohair couture "dégradé", extremly hard to make...and the collection in general is made like that. and this is chanel : quality's the best signature of the brand, and there they didn't failed, that was amazing.
great work with men too :D
00620m.jpg

style

Lanvin
Balenciaga
Stella McCartney
Chloe
Haider Ackermann
Calvin Klein
Central Saint Martins (hahahha, some new forms)
Louise Goldin
Osman (The shoes)
Rad Hourani
Comme des Garçons

Best for me:
Dries Van Noten (speaks for itself!)
00500m-1.jpg
00430m.jpg
00320m-1.jpg
00210m.jpg
00200m-1.jpg
00110m.jpg
00040m.jpg

Lanvin (the contrasts, tribal/classic, sexy/dangerous feminine/edgy. Although i prefer last seasons)
00530m.jpg
00430m-1.jpg
00350m.jpg
00340m.jpg

Michael Kors (usually not a fan but something about this collection makes me love it)
00230m.jpg
00160m.jpg
00110m-1.jpg
00010m-1.jpg

Photos all: Style.com

Worst:
Kills me to say, but chloe. Chloe = same old same old, wheres the chloe we've grown to love? Apparently hannah Mcgibbon decided to butcher that chloe.

Minimal & pure

Calvin Klein
e8s778.jpg

Celine
mv3r4n.jpg

Shapes & proportions

Dries van Noten
zxruyt.jpg

Balenciaga
2hqb9xf.jpg

Preen

2vsp0m8.jpg

Feminine

Lanvin
r8ijit.jpg

Prada
qyakna.jpg

Giambattista Valli

sbqx6b.jpg

Mystic & enigmatic

Haider Ackermann
2mi0yex.jpg

AF Vandevorst

savfa8.jpg

catwalking, style.com

...and Alexander McQueen... Absolute love! Every small gorgeous piece. Thank you, Lee :heart:

Love:
-Alexander McQueen. His collections have always been my favourites, and this was no exception. Royal alien couture.
- Hermès. I would wear eveything *o*
- Lanvin
- Philosophy by Alberta Ferretti. Another one I can see myself wear everyday

Strongly dislike
- Chanel. Oh well..
- Balenciaga. I didn't see anything I liked, but I have never been a fan
- Versace. Tacky and safe.

Dislike
- Prada. Shows Miuccia can only dress one type of woman.
- Valentino. What they did to the label is a crime.

- Kenzo. Really nice.
- Christian Dior.
- Jean Paul Gaultier.
- Louis Vuitton.

[in no particular order]
Alexander McQueen
John Galliano
Lanvin
Haider Ackermann
Giorgio Armani
Vanessa Bruno
Hermes
Miu Miu
Anna Sui
Blumarine
Yohji Yamamoto
Elie Saab
Burberry Prorsum
Sophia Kokosalaki
Manish Arora
Just Cavalli
etc etc etc

New York : Patrik Ervell

London: Richard Nicoll, MeadhamKirchoff, Louise Goldin.

Milan : .............

Paris : Haider Ackermann, Celine , Dries Van Noten .

The amount of designers who I can barely visualise what they have shown is kind of shocking - It as if I look at their collections then dispose of the information because it lacked any impact . These are my favourites because they have stuck in my head for good reasons.

So here we go again with the best/worst list...I think this season is much more difficult for me,since we had a lot of big shows while other miserably failed
BEST:
1-Roberto Cavalli:HE'S BACK!Nobody does bohemian chic luxury like him!Loved everything about the show,the styling was impeccable
2-Dsquared:that's what I call CHIC TRASH! :woot: It was one of the best collection Dan Dean has ever done,so vicious,powerulf,sexy and cool!The runway setting and the music matched the collection so well
3-Emilio Pucci:this is the definition of luxury!We have a new Balmain!Definitely one of the best from Dundas
4-Versace:I don't know why so many people hated this.I honestly kind of like this new cool young direction Donatella is taking...previous season was better but this one is absolutely amazing too!
5-Chanel:another trash but fascinating collection!Yeti looks for the win! :woot: some dresses were to die for,and so the perfect impeccable styling

WORST:
1-Gucci:just one word for this ANONYMOUS!Such a weak collection,simple styling,simple clothes,nothing caught my attention...even the shoes were so-so
2-Jean Paul Gaultier:ugh Mexican inspiration again.Everything looked so sloppy and cheap...bad bad!
3-Fendi:first looks were gorgeous.Then it turned into a super boring show,the colour palette was revolting
4-Chloe:oh Hannah you did not even try to do a new collection,it was a copy of FW09,try to do something different next time
5-Louis Vuitton:it wasn't that bad after all,it's just that I hate grandma style.I associate LV more with FW09,which was a young cool glamorous collection,rather than with this

In no order:

Haider Ackermann
Lanvin
Alexander McQueen
Ann Demeulemeester
A.F. Vandevorst

I too thought that it was, for the most part, a lacklustre season.

Not my fav season, nothing mesmerizing for me.

My favs:
Burberry, coats are WOW
Hermés
LV so classy
Céline
McCartney

Very sad about:
Chanel (eww), versace, Dsquared (hello tackyness) and Prada.

So I haven't checked out all the shows yet...but so far

In Love With:
Alexander McQueen
Haider Ackermann
Lanvin
Gareth Pugh

Liked:
Hermes
Dries Van Noten
Elie Saab

O.K: