W's top ten collections of f/w 06

I don't understand where Tuleh, Stella, and Viktor & Rolf are coming from, but overall I prefer this list to Vogue's. At least W actually switches things up from season to season, whereas Vogue sticks the same collections on every season regardless of how much they suck.

I'm glad they liked Stella's. Felt like I was kind of alone with that. Agree with Burberry too, but Lanvin should be in there.

Lena said:
i only agree on McQueen, burberry and Hermes, the rest of their choices i find pure hype...
as far as commercial collections go, i'd add Botega Venetta, Martin Grant, Akris, Marni and this new Milano label with the number name (their name ..escapes me completly)
Martin Grant is so overlooked :(

Callidora said:
I don't understand where Tuleh, Stella, and Viktor & Rolf are coming from, but overall I prefer this list to Vogue's. At least W actually switches things up from season to season, whereas Vogue sticks the same collections on every season regardless of how much they suck.

i totally agree, its always prada, marc, rochas, ysl, prada, and more prada. now every prada collection is not that great!

So glad Versace got a nod. I think that collection really deserved it as she moved the brand somewhere else. Good on her ^_^

dont agree with the list at all.....i thought stella's collection was quite bad, for one..... dries was superb.....

calvin klein was gorgeous.... dkny was really strong.... missoni was beautiful....
yohji.....
i thought prada was disappointing and didnt like marc jacobs at all....

oh well....
just goes to show....
its really in the eye of the beholder....
i guess thats the beauty of it?....

Lena said:
i only agree on McQueen, burberry and Hermes, the rest of their choices i find pure hype...
as far as commercial collections go, i'd add Botega Venetta, Martin Grant, Akris, Marni and this new Milano label with the number name (their name ..escapes me completly)
6267?

odd name but i agree, beautiful collection

they are probably putting really huge advertisements in their magazine's for this fall!

Thanks for posting! I really like Burberry this time, the other ones are ok, but not my faves

Stella 'I wouldn't be famous but for my dad' Mc C on there???? Oh man.

I liked the Burberry Prorsum collection and the Hermes one too.

masquerade said:
6267?

odd name but i agree, beautiful collection

yes, thanks masquerade, that's them, excellent debut (?)
they sold like water mainly to those big money usa buyers..

as for Martin Grant, he's actually doing great on the commercial level,
it's a 'secret success' and not without a reason :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rakuskoangel
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->