Yves Saint Laurent F/W 2007.08 : Gisele Bündchen by Inez van Lamsweerde & Vinoodh Matadin

One of Gisele’s best campaign. Maybe one of the last few times she modeled and did not sell the « Gisele brand ».
Really?
I really liked his earlier days at YSL (2005-2008) because it was an interpretation of the spirit of what was YSL in the 80’s... But ultimately, I don’t think he was the closest to Yves.
I completely agree on both count.

Especially that Stefano's work from 2005-2008 was his best. I really love all his earlier collections for the house...from his erotic bourgeois debut, to the Catholic collection, the Spanish show, the 80's Working Girl, the violet runway, and this one...all superb collections. I liked the 2008 collections, but it also is when he began stripping back the frills and in doing so, I think he also unwittingly threw out all the charm along with every ruffle. From that point on to the day he left the house, there wasn't a single collection that really worked for me. Great ideas along the way, but no heartbeat or soul to the work. I wonder if someone on the team left at that point, or what...

And yes...this is a totally gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous campaign.

Is there a full set of images for this campaign floating around somewhere? Would love to see the full "Manifesto" if anyone knows where to find it! : )

#176 I was thinking Snejana might be booked, but at the end they picked Gisele because after 2006 Pilati went to Supermodel-onlygirl them for each season's ad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patda02
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->