Yves Saint Laurent S/S 05 Paris

pilates' version... :P
definitely inspired by...but not copied... :flower: :heart:

deneuve in a leather suit and that big belt...
i'd say this was taken in the 80's based on the jewelry...
again shot by david bailey...

:flower: :P

thos pics from bailey are amazing...thanks softgrey :flower:

do you think that pilati's take might be a bit too literal? :unsure:

Originally posted by mikeijames@Oct 13 2004, 07:25 AM
yes, this rears it's ugly head again...i think that tom ford's perspective was a lot fresher and more modern than pilati's although pilati's is much more true-to-the-house.

i just wonder will his collection pull the house out of a slump that large (or will it be skewed given that i haven't heard of any store openings slated and they released that new cinema fragrance)
[snapback]395619[/snapback]​

I have a feeling it will come down to a less aggressive launch than Ford had intended, less spending on the shows, advertising, design team etc etc - cutting costs I think is more likely to get them back in the black

They will probaby sign some licenses too, which Ford seemed to be against

I loved the 1st Pilati for YSL collection, I think its much more refined than the Ford vision, I also think the way the collection was presented (venue, lighting etc) and the casting is much fresher

Originally posted by mikeijames@Nov 18 2004, 09:44 AM
thos pics from bailey are amazing...thanks softgrey :flower:

do you think that pilati's take might be a bit too literal? :unsure:
[snapback]437148[/snapback]​

you are welcome mike...
it is rather literal...but i think he had to take it back to the beginning to get back on track...
i imagine we will see him expand and explore within the ysl vocabulary once he has established his point of view...much in the same way theyskens is doing at rochas...

i actually think that as much as i personally love lanvin...from an editorial perspective...the new ysl collection is much more photogenic..and if i were dressing someone for an event or shooting a story...i think i'd go for the ysl over the lanvin...to wear to a party...that's a different story...i think it depends on the occassion...but i also think there are some great things for women to wear to the office here... i think it's a very commercially viable collection which is true to its namesake...

:flower:

:innocent: i feel like a real heel for having to ask..... but....

How would one pronounce Yves Saint Laurent? :rolleyes:

eve sahn law-rahn... :wink: :flower:

don't feel bad...unless you were french...how would you know unless you ask...?....

I've got to say that even in the two months or so since the collection debuted, I still haven't warmed up to this. I like some of the colors, they were beautiful, like that bright pink on Daria and eggplant on Karen. But even still I just don't like it. Mabye I don't like the way Pilati interpreted everything Yves so literally, mabye it's the dated quality a lot of the looks have, I just don't know. I can only hope he gets braver and breaks some rules as time goes on.

After watching the 2002 Yves documentary, I'm glad Pilati is going back to the way Yves did things. I can't even imagine how much Yves must have hated Ford's work. He must have been absolutely depressed.

After checking the current 10SS thread,I just can't help looking back,really really miss the old Pilati(2005-2008:(doh: ..sorry for bumping this old thread..:ninja:

can't agree more Alex, this collection is my all time YSL/Pilati favorite,,,

it's so interesting to look back at this collection and to remember how unsure we all were about this debut only to watch it completely SET the trends in years go come.

huge flashback!! i enjoyed the ride- nice pieces.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheB
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"