The 4-5 piece French wardrobe #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like your list.

My own view on the Cs is no, but logo tolerance is very personal :wink: I have a Marc Jacobs bag with little plates down low on the sides that have the designer's name ... I'm cool with the Lanvin logo (very pretty in fact) because no one knows what it is here unless you visit the store where you bought it :lol:

I definitely wear things that are not perfect (like the black skirt I bought for an interview that I might not have gotten if I'd had a lot more time to shop), but I don't wear things that make me feel bad. That is where things definitely must go, for me. There are enough things in life that have the potential to bring you down, without your fostering them in your very own closet :wink: Another time when something must go is when it doesn't work with anything else. If something's comfortable and washable, I may wear it at home and not out anymore.

If you want to wear things out, creating and wearing a capsule wardrobe is a great way to do that.

I saw a pair of shoes that I want to look at in person ... that's as far as I've gotten for spring. And I got my Lanvin shoes today, and they are not gonna cut it--they have to go back. What really ticks me off about this is that it means I'm going to be shopping on Christmas Eve for the first time in many, many years--maybe ever :P The shoes they were going to replace aren't worth repairing, so I still need black lace-up flats. Hopefully I'll be able to find some this late in the game ... however, I don't have to find those on Saturday--just a present for myself. That should be very doable :wink:

I say no to C's. Not a logo fan, with very few exceptions. But that's personal.

I have several things that aren't perfect. I'm wearing the same two coats for five winters now and I wanted to replace them last year already. However, I haven't found something great yet affordable to replace them with (still waiting for that one piece to go on sale). I guess I wouldn't buy those styles anymore, but they are okay. Plus I only want to buy something perfect to replace them, no compromise with a coat.

Tata: What happened with the shoes? What is wrong with them? :( They looked nice!! I actually went ahead and ordered a pair of brogues yesterday when the net-a-porter sale (UK) started. I had them on my favorites list for many months now and always thought they would fit perfectly into my wardrobe, but they were too expensive (I simply can't spend more than 500 Euros on a pair of shoes...). But they were 50% off now and I grabbed them. The sweater that I wanted was sold out quickly and resisted the urge to buy anything else in the sales now.

I'll post a pic of the shoes ones they arrive and fit :blush:

Oh, about making list for spring:

I haven't made one already. Many lovely things are coming in that I want :P But I'll observe everything for a while, than I'll have a look at my closet and then I'll make my list. I might buy something at the end of the year if my sale shopping is lower than I thought because I allow myself to buy something extra at the end of the year (usually in sales). But I guess I'll make my lists at the beginning of 2012.

(Plus: I've observed lists aren't to be taken too serious. For example, I had a necklace on my list but ended up buying a pair of earrings insted. I had a sweater on my list but haven't found the perfect one so I just didn't buy any. But this year I bought the two dresses and the boots on my list, so I'm still happy :D)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amywhiffen
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->