The 4-5 piece French wardrobe #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
My mother swears by John Smedley; I know she loves the wool and the cotton; super soft and excellent quality.
Sounds great. Do you know anything about the fit, is it a bit fitted/modern?

I have a hole in my boots:blink: There is an actual hole in my sole. I have never worn a boots through before, and My cobbler has a set time of at least two weeks to fix shoes, so now I am going to have to figure out how to pair my tan westwood pirate boots with my black/grey winter wardrobe...:huh:

Trenchcoat:
I really like the look of that sweater. I checked my Mango after you pinned it, but they do not sell any cashmere items:/ You will know after the first wash how the quality really is. I wash my cashmeres with shampoo (it is hair, so why not) and wooden salad-utensils to stirr:mrgreen:

I have a hole in my boots:blink: There is an actual hole in my sole. I have never worn a boots through before, and My cobbler has a set time of at least two weeks to fix shoes, so now I am going to have to figure out how to pair my tan westwood pirate boots with my black/grey winter wardrobe...:huh:

Trenchcoat:
I really like the look of that sweater. I checked my Mango after you pinned it, but they do not sell any cashmere items:/ You will know after the first wash how the quality really is. I wash my cashmeres with shampoo (it is hair, so why not) and wooden salad-utensils to stirr:mrgreen:

Thanks for the tip. I'm going to wash it by hand and be very gentle with it.

I also saw black wool pantalon (have pinned it). And I wanna buy that one to. It looked so casual but still pretty.

Now I'm thinking about whats missing in my wishlist. Do you have any ideas? I already have a trench, and normal Levi's jeans in my closet.

I spent the whole week in Berne at "school" (I'm doing another masters, I think I've told it before. So exciting!) So I hardly got to follow the forum's talk, but I saw that you were talking about Burberry Trechcoats. I own a classic but a Little shorter than usual burberry trench in camel and a more trendy version in olive by Burberry Brit. In general I can say that any piece I ever bought by Burberry was a really good investment. The quality is just really good. The classic trench I own feels like a piece that is going to last for many years. The Burberry Brit version is cool, too, but less well made. I'd recommend Burberry Brit for trendy styles that don't have to last forever, but a real Burberry trench is a timeless investment. Personally, I think it's definitely among the five best pieces I ever bought, but I must admit it also was among the five most expensive.

I've been really busy too... working two jobs (even though the translations I can make in my bed :wink: ). I went to pick the red coat up today. The seams in mine seem sturdy, and it is a solid coat overall. I was surprised to see in the tag that it used to cost 90€ - and in other countries, as much as 130€. I guess some might have been constructed more poorly so they had to change the price for it to sell... I'm happy with it, however!

I think working at a bank, even if it has only been two weeks, has changed my style a little. I'm very much into button ups at the moment. I've always liked them but right now I love them. I think there's something about how sharp my male co-workers look in a suit...

I think there's something about how sharp my male co-workers look in a suit...

Every man looks good/better in a suit (a good fitted suit I might add).

I just realized that I haven't bough any new cloths in the last two months. And the times I've been in a store nothing really grabbed me.
But december is coming up, and with some events requiring formal attire I need new dress shoes. I've got a nice midnight blue suit, and I'm wondering what kind of shoes I should get. I'm thinking either black or grey leather, and probably oxfords.

The fact that I hate shopping for shoes and find 95% of the shoes hideous will make this an interesting search.. :ninja:

Suit: I am very envious of men because they look so good in a suit. Wearing a suit when you are short and womanly just doesn't have the same impact... On the other hand, men don't look as good in stilettos and a fitted cocktail dress:mrgreen::innocent:

^Haha, totally true! Some men in suits are gorgeous. Also love men in uniforms of the marine. :wub:
I love my self-made suit: skirt and jacket. Looks heavenly with high heels. :D

Every man looks good/better in a suit (a good fitted suit I might add).

I just realized that I haven't bough any new cloths in the last two months. And the times I've been in a store nothing really grabbed me.
But december is coming up, and with some events requiring formal attire I need new dress shoes. I've got a nice midnight blue suit, and I'm wondering what kind of shoes I should get. I'm thinking either black or grey leather, and probably oxfords.

The fact that I hate shopping for shoes and find 95% of the shoes hideous will make this an interesting search.. :ninja:

Oh wow, that's going to be difficult. Please post pics or share your taste, we love to give advice!

I just heard on the news that December will be very cold and by current coat isn't warm enough. I need a new coat soon and I'm desperately searching for one now but I can't find one.

I love men in suits too!!

I'm sooo happy with by cashmere sweater btw. It's so soft.

Last edited by a moderator:
^Do you know of any coats you like and think would be warm enough? If you want to get a better deal during the sales, maybe you could layer until january? Wearing two wool sweaters and two wool scarves always did the trick for me when the cold set in. A wool blazer under a winter coat is also good.

I eventually found mine in an old blog post from 2011 and then tracked it down on Ebay. I couldn't wait untill the sales because I was too cold...

^Do you know of any coats you like and think would be warm enough? If you want to get a better deal during the sales, maybe you could layer until january? Wearing two wool sweaters and two wool scarves always did the trick for me when the cold set in. A wool blazer under a winter coat is also good.

I eventually found mine in an old blog post from 2011 and then tracked it down on Ebay. I couldn't wait untill the sales because I was too cold...

Haha I will wait. Maybe I will buy the burberry one, and otherwise one of Reiss London. It's the brand Kate Middleton always wears. And I saw some nice coats in their store.

Eizhowa How are your Monki shirts btw? Good quality or not? They are made of viscose, does that fabric make you sweat easily (just like polyester?)

^Viscose is a kind of rayon, which is a non-synthetic (but still man made) fabric. It makes you sweat about as much as linen does, in my experience:wink: I like them, but I bought them after my summer vacation, so I have barely worn them yet.

^I actually have Rayon on my general list of "things I like" in an excel spread sheet:mrgreen:

^I actually have Rayon on my general list of "things I like" in an excel spread sheet:mrgreen:

:lol::lol::lol:
eizhowa, I'm so glad to know you :smile:

fewormany, have you considered cobalt blue shoes to go with your suit? it sounds really 'loud', but in my experience (seeing such shoes on my partner) the colour of such shoes blends in more with the overall look than you'd expect, while still looking really fresh and interesting.

Trenchcoat: Another tip for keeping warm without a proper coat would be to wear a leather jacket under your woool coat. At the moment I can still wear my wool cape (less warm than a woal coat IMO) if I just layer, and although the fall has been very mild so far, it is quite unusual for me. I find that the best layering technique for keeping warm is staring with silk, then wool, then leather and then the wool cape. And perhaps a wool scarf, but that is almost too hot yet.

@Eizhowa:
what do you usually wear with those boots, since you find it to be a challenge? I love tan with black and grey.

Viscose: one of my favourite fabrics and very easy to breathe in IMO. I love my viscose things. Pure viscose often tends to wrinkle easy though.

Me: Recieved my new bag Tuesday. I love it and has already used it a couple of times. Also I find it to go with more parts of my wardrobe than I had expected.

adax2.jpg

Image: mine.

I will layer in December. And I'm going to wait till after December to buy a good coat.

Betinapple Nice bag!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rare
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->