The 4-5 piece French wardrobe #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Ta-ta: That SA sounds horrible! I work at a (mens) store myself and I always mention that you should not buy anything you do not feel comfortable in.

I do not think I would wear the boots with midiskirts. That would truly make me feel short! I would wear them with skirts that goes above the knee, or jeans.

I've actually found a nice pair and am willing to give it a go. But I will have to try some on first.

now unlike thoreau i'm not automatically suspicious of any occasion requiring new clothes, but a pair of shoes i'm paying for that requires my body to be broken in? you are not speaking my language.

when she brought out some spiked shoes & i said i didn't care for spikes she informed me they are very popular. thanks for the newsflash, i had no idea :innocent:

hahaha, oh my... where do people get the idea that this is a good strategy to get people to buy stuff? even costumers who are super sensitive to being trendy don't like to be bullied into it, I would think... I wonder if it's their own ideas, or (more likely I think) if they're being told to sell as aggressively as possible...
I was in Amsterdam last week, and treated myself to some summer coat hunting. I found a really nice one at Filippa K, a sort of pared down trench coat, very cool. (here's a picture of it, from a Dutch online store) I didn't want it to be an impulse buy, so I left it. next week I'll be in Amsterdam again, and I'll decide then. I also tried on some other stuff in other stures (even though I said I wouldn't browse... I'm bad :wink: I didn't buy anything, though) and really, every single piece I put on, in whatever store I was in, the SA's said it looked fabulous on me. and I had to point out to them that those trousers really were the wrong size... it was kind of funny, really. but I've never had that experience in my hometown, in Utrecht.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roller69
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->