The 4-5 piece French wardrobe #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was thinking of getting pictures of my clothing too, but at the time I don't have a camera. That way it would be easier to see if it all went together nicely or if anything stood out in the wrong way!

I was thinking of getting pictures of my clothing too, but at the time I don't have a camera. That way it would be easier to see if it all went together nicely or if anything stood out in the wrong way!

Excactly my thought although looking at my clothing racks should give me an idea. I should be more focused when I buy coloured things. Don't you have a phone with a descent camere, maybe?

No, I have the cheapest Nokia available and three film cameras :lol: I might borrow my parents' camera sometime soon.

Ha, you actually gave me an idea - I can pin the things I bought online and that'd make for an easier start instead of photographing all I have :smile:

@Barbaraa: Sounds like me :lol: I am using my mother in laws old phone. She has an Iphone. I don't excactly appreciate smartphones.

I was planning on doing the same thing. Then I wouldn't have to photograph so much. Also I have a lot of pictures from when I was blogging.

@Juliette: Like your boards! I am in love with the Steve Madden bag on your wishlist. BTW. You look SO cute!

Last edited by a moderator:
^Wow, just had a browse through that blog and I love it! She has really nice style too. I'm adding it to Bloglovin now. :smile: Thanks for the heads up!

Edit: Oh, and thank you about the nice comment. You kinda made me blush. :D

Barbara and Juliette, I started following you :P I will comment more later, I'm in a bit of a hurry. :smile: Betinapple, what is your account?

^ I noticed and I'm following you back!

I started pinning the items I own and can find online, but it's exhausting :lol:

started making a list today of all my spring/summer stuff, to see what I have and what I could add to make it work better. so far, it's looking like I'll focus on a coat, footwear and dresses (since all my favorite dresses came to the end of their life last year... :( I'd had them for years though, and they really served me well...)

I thought to myself, if I could just have a wardrobe full of branquinho, I'd never have a problem dressing again...
and then I thought, but I'd want to keep that piece, oh and that piece, and that, and that... I guess I am not all that unhappy about the wardrobe I have after all :smile:

I have this thought so often! Sometimes I feel like I have nothing to wear and want to bin everything I own, and start fresh. When I go through my stuff I realize I love far too much of my wardrobe to get rid of it^_^

I do have a pintrest "wish-list". (Had to tidy it up before I posted the link:lol:) Just a warning: I sometimes also wish for flowers, antique furniture and old houses...but that does not mean I intend to wear them as pantsB)

My pintrest: https://pinterest.com/eizhowa/wishlist-tfs/

I do not like following people on pintrest, though, as I have a "need" to save every image I like/love. I hate not being able to locate a picture I once saw, loved and then lost:( I will go through a lot of work to avoid that happening.

Ah, and I just realized I forgot to answer :smile: I'll definitely take them to a cobbler, mine are also pretty much down to the non-patent part on the tips... I tend to trip a lot, so that happened. Btw, how is your thumb/hand doing? :smile:

Haha, something similar happened to me! Following you back already :heart:

Got the pins out ... but can barely move the thumb :innocent: kinda waiting for it to get back to normal--or the new normal ...--before making any decisions about what else to get. so far nearly all my purchases this year have been dictated by the injury ... but at least the shoes are beautiful :lol:

am trying to follow everyone on pinterest ... if i've missed you, let me know :flower:

Taking pics of what's in your wardrobe: I'm a bit lazy for that. That's also a reason why I have all the expensive stuff that's in my closet on pinterest... Because I mainly bought it at NAP and they keep the pictures online even if it's sold out. I do have lots of old items in my wardrobe and plenty of cheaper stuff, too, but I can't find that online anymore. I would have to take pics, maybe someday I'll find the time... maybe.

APC: Just realized NAP doesn't list APC as a designer anymore... Looks like they don't sell it any longer :cry: I love APC, for me it's perfect in terms of classic, simple staples at more or less reasonable prices. I'll have to check out APC.fr someday for APC shopping, but I don't like buying my stuff at many different online stores. You never know whether it all works out well...

Denmark: Betinapple, we probably go next summer (2014) as we'll be travelling quite a lot this year. Don't know where yet. Are you in Arhus? We've visited Copenhagen, Odense, many places on Sealand and Funen and we've spent a week in Langeland. We've really loved it. Maybe more Jutland next time?

Btw, feel a bit strange when I look at all of your wishlists :P Everyone seems to be really... what is the word... classy? Focusing on essentials? I've been asking myself in the past whether a 4-5 wardrobe maybe only works if you are focusing more on basics and must-haves. I love crazy colorful stuff! I feel I'm so not going with what is trendy though and that does sometimes scare me a little. Don't want to look like a dated bird. But I just really feel attracted by all the colorful weird stuff, I always have...:blush:

@RedAndNavy: I'm Betinapple on pinterest as well but guess you've found me.

How come you vacation so much in Denmark? I live in Roskilde near Copenhagen. Århus is really cozy as well. I have family there. I am from Jutland myself but from a smaller town closer to Germany.

I think it is great that your wardrobe is so .. non-basic. I love to see that you can actually have a functioning wardrobe that can be combined in several ways even though it is very colourful. I do not consider myself trendy neither and either way I find personal style to be much more interesting.

Btw, feel a bit strange when I look at all of your wishlists :P Everyone seems to be really... what is the word... classy? Focusing on essentials? I've been asking myself in the past whether a 4-5 wardrobe maybe only works if you are focusing more on basics and must-haves. I love crazy colorful stuff! I feel I'm so not going with what is trendy though and that does sometimes scare me a little. Don't want to look like a dated bird. But I just really feel attracted by all the colorful weird stuff, I always have...:blush:

I wear dressier pants with sneakers all the time, I'm definitely not classy :lol: my thing is mainly that most colours don't work on me. I have a vey, very pale warm skintone, and pastels make me look dead, blues don't flatter me at all, oranges and yellows look funny due to my pale warm skintone, etc. I often look at colourful pieces and find them beautiful, but not for me. Pink (all tones), red, purple (the red purples) and dark green flatter me the most, but those colours don't really go together so I find I have to build on black/gray/cream (cream looks better on me than white, too).

Photographing all I own would be too much work, yes, but a lot of what I have I've had for years and I didn't buy online, so they'd be very difficult to find. I won't photograph everything, either, but rather the main pieces. Things I only wear to stay warm (an ugly blue sweater I own, for example) or to go to the beach or to music festivals (cut-offs or culotte shorts) I wouldn't bother with.

I started making my pinterest boards! One for my perfect basic wardrobe and one for what I already own. This could get kind of addicting.

Pinterest: I LOVE that I see all of your pins now when I open Pinterest! So great to see what everyone likes! :flower: I am following Tata, Eizhowa, Juliette, Betinapple and Barbara now - did I forget anyone??

Colors: I LOVE the look of my mustard yellow knitted top with a turquoise necklace. I just feel really attracted by colors and I think it's me, too. Definitely can't wear pastels though (except turquoise). I have been thinking about trying to find a pair of white jeans to go with my colorful pieces... I honestly never owned any. I love white but it scars me a little because it easily gets dirty... :unsure:

March is getting closer and I do think I'll invest in that denim jacket, love it so much! About the tops: I think lighter sweaters for spring and autumn is something I could try to get in the sales... There is often plenty of good stuff that makes it to the sales when it comes to tops. I think there are other pieces where waiting isn't really the right strategy because the best sell out quickly, like shoes or dresses...

Looking at the board of what is already in my wardrobe it is funny to see how the things I got recently goes together a lot better than what I got a couple of years ago. Guess I've learned something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vejjehejrh
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->