The 4-5 piece French wardrobe #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Ta-ta: Weird about the bag. I do not read magazines so I'll try to look in the ad section.

Sorry about bumping the thread. My memory sucks today.

Is this the bag you are talking about?

pic via oystermag.com

yes, that's it!! what do you think?

love the leather jacket, looks fabulous!

Just wanted to say: Tata recently posted something that I think is sooo important. Never get yourself stressed with the thought that something that you love might get sold out before you get it. I know it's hard but honestly: something else will turn up some day. I had a time when the "low stock" lable on some online shopping sides really made me hit that "shop now" button quick. But I've learned since that I never really run out of ideas about what I could get - and there is always one thing that I feel I must have (and if there isn't there very soon will be :lol:)

For me, it helps to think that my wardrobe is a process rather than something I must achieve quickly. I buy piece after piece within moderation and good reflection. And honestly, I might take two years to finally buy the work pants I wanted but did I die because I didn't have them? No B) I might not always be as stylish as I could be but that's okay.

In that sense I've decided to buy the denim jacket in March and wait with the blouse. I hope it'll still be available in April. If it's not... Well then, I will survive and something else will show up. I don't want to double up now because I now myself: if I buy two things in March I will still be looking out for something else in April and it will be hard to resist. :wink:

love these :heart: totally agree with both.

i think the denim jacket is an excellent pick.

Oh, of course my wise words about my wardrobe/shopping strategy don't always reflect the reality :lol: I hope it didn't sound arrogant :blush: I think it was more like a mantra that I keep telling myself :P And it does help when you think that the world doesn't keep turning if you don't always have what fascinates you. :wink:

@Ta-ta: Thx a bunch :flower:

I think the bag is adorable! I love the envelope detail and the zippers. Generally I love the collection. All the scallops, flowery details and pastels. I am not sure it is for me though. I prefer my bags to have a zipper closing and it does not look like you will be able to wear it over your shoulder? I have a quite good image of what I want, guess all of you know that feeling. I was thinking about an oldschool teachers bag.

Oh, of course my wise words about my wardrobe/shopping strategy don't always reflect the reality :lol: I hope it didn't sound arrogant :blush: I think it was more like a mantra that I keep telling myself :P And it does help when you think that the world doesn't keep turning if you don't always have what fascinates you. :wink:

Didn't sound arrogant at all. I found it very inspiring.

BTW. The denim jacket has really grown on me. I think it would be great - with printed items as well! Would go perfect with your wardrobe. I just tend to be a bit conservative (and sligthly boring) :wink:

Since I already bought an item in February and had my thriftstore splurge as well the jacket is my March item. Therefore I should not be shopping anymore untill April and right now that is feeling like a big challenge. Maybe because I found a quite perfect looking breton sweater, maybe because I have money or maybe because I feel super focused ever since I made my "perfect wardrobe"-list. But I do not have to buy everything now - as RedAndNavy stated. Crossing things of my musthavelist just feels fabulous :blush:

I will try to do good though and focus on some DIY projects instead. I have a pair of shoes that needs to be painted with glitter, several sewing projects, clothes that needs dyeing and one of my boyfriends white shirts which I will make a faux shirtcollar out of. Should be enough to make me feel like getting something new along with the great items I have purchased this month.

Last edited by a moderator:
I will try to do good though and focus on some DIY projects instead. I have a pair of shoes that needs to be painted with glitter, several sewing projects, clothes that needs dyeing and one of my boyfriends white shirts which I will make a faux shirtcollar out of. Should be enough to make me feel like getting something new along with the great items I have purchased this month.

That sounds like a great idea! When you feel like you need something new you can always rework what you have. One thing I tend to do during such times is bring some stuff to the dry cleaner :lol: Or bring my shoes to the cobler. If the things come back looking all crisp and fresh and clean they feel a bit like new :wink:

Btw, got my new work pants back from the tailor. Love them, they really look flattering :blush:

One of my projects this year is to finally get new hangers. I don't really hang my close on all identical hangers and it looks rather messy. They deserve better than that. :flower: I'm actually also thinking about getting a new closet, but that might be a bit of a bigger project... :wink:

That sounds like a great idea! When you feel like you need something new you can always rework what you have. One thing I tend to do during such times is bring some stuff to the dry cleaner :lol: Or bring my shoes to the cobler. If the things come back looking all crisp and fresh and clean they feel a bit like new :wink:

Btw, got my new work pants back from the tailor. Love them, they really look flattering :blush:

One of my projects this year is to finally get new hangers. I don't really hang my close on all identical hangers and it looks rather messy. They deserve better than that. :flower: I'm actually also thinking about getting a new closet, but that might be a bit of a bigger project... :wink:

Having things taken care of helps me too. Took my pistols and my blue ancle boots to the cobbler in January. Felt like having new shoes, but better, because I got my favourite ones back :heart:

So great to hear about your work pants. They did look really nice!

I am in the same situation regarding hangers. I desperately need to change my since I got an open closet when we moved. My eyes are bleeding from looking at too many different hangers. Shouldn't be too expensive though since I want dry cleaning hangers so it is a top priority when I get my paycheck this thursday.

What are you thinking of for the new closet you are getting? Actually I would be really interesting to see how you guys keep your clothes.

my main closet has a rod that goes around a corner. i keep my tops & few dresses on the long side, bottoms on the short side.

my hangers don't all match, but i like them all (at least none of them bug me) & they all work. some are from stores & remind me of those purchases. lately a couple skirt hangers have broken but i have extras. i have been meaning to get a few more padded hangers.

So.. I've created a pinterest profile, but I have no clue how this thing works. Can anyone give me a quick introduction and tell me why everyone is so in to it? I haven't seen the light yet, I think :smile:

It's not anything revolutionary really, you just pin different things to different boards - themes, the one that catches your eye the most, means something special, give you an inspiration or you just simply like them.
Then you follow folks and brands that you like their pins of and you see all of them together in an opening site.
It's quite addictive actually, I'm browsing through it at least once a day so that I see beautiful things. ^_^

About pinterest - I'm using it to pin things I like. That way I can see them all together, see if they are coherent, etc. I think that, with time, it will help me realize whether I truly love something or it was a passing infatuation :smile:

A lot of people, like Jinadaze said, use it to gather inspirational pictures, which I think could also help. I've seen a lot of people pinning recipes, too.

Oh, and I'd love it if you could share your profile :smile:

Thx! I am really happy about it. Actually I would want to wear it now. One thing down!

It costed me 140 USD marked down from 455$ and you can really see that it is a quality jacket. The detailing is superb.

I am planning on wearing it tomorrow for school and work (if I get well). We have a special event at work tomorrow for this years confirmands and I want to look nice.

don't forget to post in the shopping challenge thread :wink: what a great deal!! still waiting for my lingerie to arrive ... when i know what i'm keeping, will post ...

@Jinadaze: Thx for your answer :smile: I see the possibilities but somehow I ended up following a ton of people that I do not want to follow, due to the "getting started"-thingy. Have to get those removed.

@Barbaraa:
I think that is how I would use it as well. Was very inspired by your board. I will share once I get started for real.

@Ta-ta: Will do! I for one am thrilled! Can't wait to see your lingerie. I should buy something new soon.

Anyone who has a pinterest board: can you share it with me? Would love to have a look. You can send me the link in a PM if you don't want to post it here. Have one, too :-)

I don't think those first things you had to select get pinned - at least they didn't for me... As for the random followees, you go to where it says "following", on the top right of the boards part, and start unfollowing them all :lol:

I don't think those first things you had to select get pinned - at least they didn't for me... As for the random followees, you go to where it says "following", on the top right of the boards part, and start unfollowing them all :lol:

Geez. I am following 60 people already. Only one of them I deliberately chose - you! :D

barbara, suggest taking your shoes to the cobbler. mine was able to repair the shoes i was wearing when i fell. there were about 4 significant scrapes down to raw leather on both shoes & they are wearable now. they are glazed kidskin.

Ah, and I just realized I forgot to answer :smile: I'll definitely take them to a cobbler, mine are also pretty much down to the non-patent part on the tips... I tend to trip a lot, so that happened. Btw, how is your thumb/hand doing? :smile:

Geez. I am following 60 people already. Only one of them I deliberately chose - you! :D

Haha, something similar happened to me! Following you back already :heart:

Ah, and I just realized I forgot to answer :smile: I'll definitely take them to a cobbler, mine are also pretty much down to the non-patent part on the tips... I tend to trip a lot, so that happened. Btw, how is your thumb/hand doing? :smile:

Haha, something similar happened to me! Following you back already :heart:

Yeah, just realized that :D Can not wait to start building boards. I am thinking of making one for my "perfect wardrobe" list, one for my wishlist and perhaps some for outfits, items already in my closet (all of them!) and inspirational pictures.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->