Alexander McQueen Resort 2011

Not that I ever really had a doubt, but this collection is more than enough proof that Burton was the right person to take over. Most of this is stunning. It's also extremely McQueen, but in such an effortless way.

the full collection is even better. i'm fully in love now with all these beautiful clothes!

with all eyes on her for what she'll present on the runway in an upcoming full collection, if she does something of this calibre, it's going to take the brand to a whole new level.

i'm not feeling the mens collection as much, but this is a perfect continuation of the mcqueen brand. i wouldn't want it any other way.

I can't imagine a more difficult designer to follow than McQueen. Sarah has not only followed the spirit of McQueen, but she's exceeded expectations.

The evening dresses are beautiful.

Bravo!

Those last dresses are out of control. She did a great job.
:heart:

Some stunning dressed to say the least.

Beautiful collection as always.

i am in love, and so happy that sarah is able to continue mcqueen's aesthetics in this first full collection of her's. i am looking forward to seeing her 2011 spring/summer collection come this fall during paris fashion week. :heart:

HQs

40850554.png

61201929.png

79717962.png

50575552.png

16113219.png

style.com

Wow.
I can't say I like the first look and that's all. I really like it!
I'm in love with the 4th look from post #72.

It's exquisite! Very McQueen. Good work Sarah :heart:

So much gorgeousness in this collection. The skin-coloured dresses are a little too Marchesa for me but the other gowns and dresses are exquisite. Especially the strapless brown/gold piece. So many things I adore. :heart:

A wonderful teaser.
No different (no more, no less weareable/ravishing/agressive/obsure/precise/coherent...) than any other previous pre-collections mcqueen had done himself. In fact, as his longtime assistant, I'd be surprised if she wasn't already the one in charge of this sort of collections.
I see what some have already identified as a more delicate approach (just in the way that Facchinetti was in contrast with Valentino) both in her menswear and womenswear. It's romantic, but not in a nostalgic and moody kind of way, like mcqueen used to be. It takes elements from the past but without suffering for them (don't quite know hot to phrase it).
Isn't it just fantastic!?

Anyway... I won't be satisfied until I see a full rtw show: with all the drama, the set, the music, the hair and make up, the excess in accessories... the works!!!
If there was one thing mcqueen also stood for, was the excess of the shows (be it chess, kate holograms, painting robots or gaga songs)
The clothes we can already tell weren't only 'his genius'... we'll find out about the shows soon!!!

SOMETHING I MISS: a little sparkle w/ accessories... something like an ugly shoe, a weird heel, a bit of shock. these are all too perfectly styled, no? a bit too louboutinesque-hollywood-star for mcqueen

Last edited by a moderator:
I really liked this collection. Sasha has proven that she will be able to carry out the McQueen aesthetic.
I can't remember where I read it but I recall a comment that this collection pulled pieces from McQueen's past collections. I don't think it was a bad thing to do it. She's just remaining consistent with his past design and is re-working them. Just like Karl re-works the tweed jacket and chain bag and DVF keeps re-designing her wrap dress.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leatherblazer
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"