Alexander McQueen Resort 2011

she knows McQueen well, and she knows it better do like McQueen did before.
you can't make a designer do the old style both adding some new points in these looks.
especially we don't know what kind of person or style Sarah is.
so i guess it's a perfect debut for her. i'm really glad Sarah measured everything well.
feel confident about the brand's going on.

While I hope that we'll get to see Burton's personality work it's way into the label in the future...

I think we already are - just in this collection and the spring menswear collection I can see a new softness that isn't so McQueen.
The second look, the dress-coat, has a much more unstructured fall to the fabric which I don't recognize as McQueen, and the trouser-bolero look is very feminine.
I think Sarah Burton may be slowly bringing femininity to a label that is more renowned for its dangerous beauty than its girlish delights.

I disdain at the fact that Mr McQueen's death came at a time when designers at labels are instructed to track brand identity. I can only hope that this new femininity that Burton is introducing only leads to a continuation of the revolutionary legacy McQueen has left behind. I also hope she does not turn it into a fully wearable (though ultimately extremely dull) brand as has happened at other great Houses such as Dior and Valentino, to name a few.
Surely going down this route will be opposing exactly what Alexander McQueen thought of the recession, as described with this photograph from his recession collection.

Looks like something that McQueen would have designed it himself!! Loving it~

Wow... Perfect Job Sarah.. This is McQueen. Truly Exquisite

strong opening. at worst, she'll become another frida giannini. but with stuff like this, she might become another francisco costa or raf simons. in that she'll embody the aesthetics of the original designer in a more manifest way than the designers did themselves at times.

with that said, i'm thoroughly impressed especially at how she incorporated that tear-jerkingly beautiful golden detail from fall/winter 2010 into this resort collection.

I love how soft and exquisite the collection is. Very nice, Sarah.

I particularly love the first dress. It's very McQueen! So far, so good! I can't wait for what she will be giving us on the Spring/Summer 11.12 season.

This is REALLY good!
I'm glad she decided to not go into the "trying too hard" mood a la Mcqueen and giving something really simple yet effective

excellent cruise collection, this just makes me more excited for Womenswear. and i agree with the posts here, the pieces exude a more feminine touch, its muted glamour albeit keeping the regal construction of Lee's last Fall collection. though i do hope Sarah gets rid of those prints for this Spring no matter how dazzling and exquisite they are since its a perfect time to depart from the echoes of Plato's Atlantic, and finally present fresh ideas to the table.

Last edited by a moderator:
I really love what I see. It still looks very McQueen, but I can`t agree more with those of U, who mentioned a feminine touch in this collection. And i love it.
So, anyway, good luck, Sarah! I`m sure it`s very difficult to work with the brand after Lee.

Wow, I am incredibly impressed.
She seems to have taken over designing so gracefully and seamlessly.

I cannot wait to see what she does for SS11!!!

Well i'll take back what I said earlier about letting the brand die down, the new designer clearly was the genius behind the womens RTW pieces, as you can see how well done each piece in this resort collection is.

I love the fourth dress. It's a combination of McQueen's elegant and edgy sides.

This is absolutely stunning! I adore that last two outfits! Although I don't like the 1st outfit. This is still McQueen, I think Sarah is doing a good job.

Everything but the first coat is gorgeous. Sarah has done excellent, what fantastic tribute to McQueens brilliance.

I quite like it . It's a very respectful collection .

I'm no McQueen expert, but I do fancy his aesthetic and his distinctive taste for extravagant fullness and intricate gold embroidery work- of course, these aren't his only bullet points. I appreciate this collection very much for the embodiment for such characteristics without truly deriving the originals to its bones. This collections seems very sincere to me- you can certainly feel a force pulling you as you gravitate to each look. I see structure, I see tailoring, I see draping- it's a homogeneous blend of all things amazing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
msflair
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->