Alexander McQueen Resort 2011

Sarah's done well, I adore the little tea rose/flesh coloured dress with the petal like shoulders, the 2nd of the high res. Why are people so turned off by the red gowns? I personally find the gold printed gowns a little gaudy however I'm interested to see what her full collection is like. I agree we have seen a lot of Sarah's designs already; I think she's probably handled McQ and the resort collections for some time.

I agree with the majority here. The collection is amazing. There's so much to love here: the patterns, the colors, the cuts, the silhouettes, the choice of fabrics...everything's just absolutely beautiful. The first coat and the blazer in the same print are to die for. Just phenomenal :crush:

Everything is beautiful here, but I am not amazed. There's nothing here that made me gasp or widen my eyes. Hopefully the RTW collection will be much better considering this is just resort, but it is obvious the McQueen spark is gone forever.

but it is obvious the McQueen spark is gone forever.

To be fair, I think it's hard to judge that until the first RTW. As I recall, the last resort which featured red and blue simply cut dresses was pretty underwhelming. I loathe resort as it feels like a cash cow for the backers rather than an express interest of the designer.

i'm very impressed. i don't like the idea of the brand 'surviving' after his death, but if it has to survive, than thank god it's like this. hopefully she'll manage to keep the creativity and mcqueen's signature in the next collections.

alexander-mcqueen07.jpg

The sleeves are amazing :love:

Yes this is lovely I agree with the overwhelming majority. But the uniqueness of mcqueen lay in his ability to not only create something new each ready-to-wear season, but radically break with anything he had done before, perfectly illustrated by his Platos Atlantis collection which brutally contradicted his take on the recession the season before.

Mcqueens Resort and Cruise collections always played with the narrative of the ready-to-wear shows, and was speared headed by burton who was responsible for translating Lees showmanship on to the backs of disposable cash earning girls-about-town. The real test will lie in whether burton has the imagination and creativity to focus exclusively on a single point of inspiration each season. It will come as no surprise if over the coming seasons she plays about with the same silhouettes, patterns, and ideas whilst the majority of people praise her for staying true to the Mcqueen aesthetic. But the sincerity and ingenuity of the mcqueen brand besides his trademarks such as tailoring lies in the imagination of the man himself. Something that I believe will become more and more apparent in years to come.

not what i was expecting... a pleasant surprise... i'm so happy it looks like the brand is going to be okay :smile:

Excellent pieces. What worries me is what direction the label will take in the future. At present the next couple of collections can continue along the trajectory which McQueen established (more or less) but they can't do that indefinitely. Hopefully they'll stay true to his memory and his talent and not dilute the content of the label :ninja:

Wow, even the resort is stunning, so I hope that the rtw will be even more stunning!

McQueen`s legacy continued! These are just magnificent! Can`t wait for the actual S/S 2011 Collection

Absolutely stunning!

A feminine take on McQueen.

It's all excellent, but I absolutely adore the kimono-esque dress with the embroidered sleeves and matching minaudiere.

Clearly she understands MCqueen's woman and she understands how he liked to see her dressed - this is the essential quality that anyone taking over the house would need to have but that perhaps only a rare few really understood. As his women's design director for so long she was perhaps the only person who could do this job. Congratulations to her, the company, and the magangement at PPR for their extremely dead on decision. Long live Mcqueen

Did anyone else really dislike the hair? Other than that I like what I see, I was always happy with the decision to place Burton as head

the second dress looks superb!!!
the first on looks amazing to and i love that bag in the last shot

last two dresses, black and black with red, are amazing, i love them

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
msflair
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->