Alexander McQueen S/S 2006 Paris

Discussion in 'History of Style : A Remembrance of Things Past' started by Ceptuouse, Oct 7, 2005.

1. Guessgirl96

Guessgirl96 New Member

I really hope balenciaga doesn't fall down the same path as Mcqueen :shock:

Kind of a random question, are those swimsuit like things meant to be worn to the beach, or is it some other type of "accessory"?

2. tortoisie

tortoisie Fly my pretties... Fly!

^ I have no idea. :rofl:

I guess for Miss Hilton, yes, swimsuit! :rofl:
    For me, accessory! :lol:

I love the strong metallic influence this season. The gladiator thing might have been done by other designers, but Alexander McQueen has certainly done it again in his own unique way. :woot:

Absolutely beautiful. I love the boots particularly. Thank you, Alexander. :kiss:

3. tortoisie

tortoisie Fly my pretties... Fly!

[​IMG]
    LOOKS THAT KILLS
    Eugenia Volodina in Alexander McQueen Spring/Summer Ready-to-wear 2006
    Source: Amelia (urodao.net.pl) from TFS

4. ragazza

ragazza New Member

Those "belts" are awesome!

5. AlexN

AlexN New Member

Horrible on so many levels. I don't even know where to begin... :wacko:

6. Ceptuouse

Ceptuouse New Member

i quite like them...but they are a bit stupid :huh:

7. KhaoticKharma

KhaoticKharma Amour Comme Hiver

Maybe he wanted to do something a bit different, which is not always a bad thing. I didn't think this collection was terrible- I do think, however, that some tFs-ers can't seem to like anything that is not avant garde or light and airy. Viva l'artistic expression!!

8. Petit Lucille

Petit Lucille unspecified

if anyone has hq of this, please share!!!!!!!!!!

9. Dior Dream

Dior Dream Well-Known Member

No hqs of this collection :(

10. aracic

aracic Moderator

Actually... :wink:

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    livingly

puresoul, mikel, SRank and 2 others like this.
  11. aracic

aracic Moderator

12. Phuel

Phuel Well-Known Member

One of his most accessible and commercial collections. And still uncompromisingly creative and brimming with so many gorgeous designs of femininity. There’re enough ideas for at least 4 Seasons worth of collections here; and still, every look is so refined, disciplined and finished without a random component to create a directional whole.

13. Fulton St Critique

Fulton St Critique Active Member

Someone should show this to Vaccarello. THIS is how designing to show the beauty of the female form should be done. It is sophistaced and sexy, such an amazing collection.

14. Lola701

Lola701 Well-Known Member

What I find so great about this collection is that this collection is a compromise. This is him responding to the suits who wants more sellable things...But he did it in the most gorgeous way.
    While the reviews were less enthusiastic, there’s a power in the offering and the presentation. And it’s still timeless...
    That was the first time I also bought his clothes.
    And a beautiful hommage to Alaia in a way...

Sexy seems to be difficult to do nowadays that to see it done so effortlessly is somehow strange.

And to think that today, the notion of sex has disappeared from the vocabulary of the brand is sad..

15. GivenchyAddict

GivenchyAddict Well-Known Member

The sole idea of McQueen at Alaia rent-free in my mind. Especially when you see a collection like this one.

Reading the comments at that time on this thread made me laugh because oh dear if you knew what we had to deal with years later :(.

christian zh, Norden, Phuel and 2 others like this.
  16. Phuel

Phuel Well-Known Member

I like Anthony, but he is very limited in his design vocabulary, and nowhere near capable of the level of such a collection that is just the typical standard with McQueen. Anthony would conjure a mess.

There was a specific collection (not sure if it was his own or for Givenchy) that was clearly the result of the demands of his handlers to be pro-commercial, where he appeared so clearly angry when he took a bow. ...And still, it was a solid offering. He does tremendously well under pressure/demands/limitations.

Stripped off all the provocative theatrics and even more iconic showmanship controversial statements, McQueen's designs are as strong as ever just on their own. Creative visionary and technically-skilled designers of his calibre straightup don’t exist anymore. The magic and soul of fashion is gone from this world. Those of us that grew up with the such a creative titan are so privileged. He’s from an era of show and don’t tell. These days sadly, it’s the opposite: Just hyped hot air (on an expensive tee) and very little talent to back it all up.