Alexander McQueen S/S 2006 Paris

I really hope balenciaga doesn't fall down the same path as Mcqueen :shock:

Kind of a random question, are those swimsuit like things meant to be worn to the beach, or is it some other type of "accessory"?

^ I have no idea. :rofl:

I guess for Miss Hilton, yes, swimsuit! :rofl:
For me, accessory! :lol:

I love the strong metallic influence this season. The gladiator thing might have been done by other designers, but Alexander McQueen has certainly done it again in his own unique way. :woot:

Absolutely beautiful. I love the boots particularly. Thank you, Alexander. :kiss:

Horrible on so many levels. I don't even know where to begin... :wacko:

Maybe he wanted to do something a bit different, which is not always a bad thing. I didn't think this collection was terrible- I do think, however, that some tFs-ers can't seem to like anything that is not avant garde or light and airy. Viva l'artistic expression!!

One of his most accessible and commercial collections. And still uncompromisingly creative and brimming with so many gorgeous designs of femininity. There’re enough ideas for at least 4 Seasons worth of collections here; and still, every look is so refined, disciplined and finished without a random component to create a directional whole.

One of his most accessible and commercial collections. And still uncompromisingly creative and brimming with so many gorgeous designs of femininity. There’re enough ideas for at least 4 Seasons worth of collections here; and still, every look is so refined, disciplined and finished without a random component to create a directional whole.

What I find so great about this collection is that this collection is a compromise. This is him responding to the suits who wants more sellable things...But he did it in the most gorgeous way.
While the reviews were less enthusiastic, there’s a power in the offering and the presentation. And it’s still timeless...
That was the first time I also bought his clothes.
And a beautiful hommage to Alaia in a way...

Sexy seems to be difficult to do nowadays that to see it done so effortlessly is somehow strange.

And to think that today, the notion of sex has disappeared from the vocabulary of the brand is sad..

The sole idea of McQueen at Alaia rent-free in my mind. Especially when you see a collection like this one.

Reading the comments at that time on this thread made me laugh because oh dear if you knew what we had to deal with years later :(.

Someone should show this to Vaccarello. THIS is how designing to show the beauty of the female form should be done. It is sophistaced and sexy, such an amazing collection.

I like Anthony, but he is very limited in his design vocabulary, and nowhere near capable of the level of such a collection that is just the typical standard with McQueen. Anthony would conjure a mess.

What I find so great about this collection is that this collection is a compromise. This is him responding to the suits who wants more sellable things...But he did it in the most gorgeous way.
While the reviews were less enthusiastic, there’s a power in the offering and the presentation. And it’s still timeless...
That was the first time I also bought his clothes.
And a beautiful hommage to Alaia in a way...

Sexy seems to be difficult to do nowadays that to see it done so effortlessly is somehow strange.

And to think that today, the notion of sex has disappeared from the vocabulary of the brand is sad..

There was a specific collection (not sure if it was his own or for Givenchy) that was clearly the result of the demands of his handlers to be pro-commercial, where he appeared so clearly angry when he took a bow. ...And still, it was a solid offering. He does tremendously well under pressure/demands/limitations.

Stripped off all the provocative theatrics and even more iconic showmanship controversial statements, McQueen's designs are as strong as ever just on their own. Creative visionary and technically-skilled designers of his calibre straightup don’t exist anymore. The magic and soul of fashion is gone from this world. Those of us that grew up with the such a creative titan are so privileged. He’s from an era of show and don’t tell. These days sadly, it’s the opposite: Just hyped hot air (on an expensive tee) and very little talent to back it all up.

This is one of my favorite collections in fashion history, maybe my favorite by McQueen... Somehow he managed to do something so commercial and different from what he did, but at the same time it's extremely unique and he left his original touch to perfection!

It's so sad that we don't have a proper campaign for this perfection...

Such an impeccably sexy collection. I always revisit this time and time again just to get a bit of oomph back into my day. A runway stomper of a soundtrack too!

Looking at this then comparing it to say Spring 2010, it is rather amazing at how the limitations and need to make profitable pieces really cemented what were McQueen design staples without the theatrics. You don't actually see that in Spring 2010 despite it being so highly regarded. There aren't any notable sleek pants, streamlined jackets or really anything that truly says "McQueen" garment wise besides the theatrics instilled in them whereas here, you see it. And even feel it in some way. You can tell he didn't care for it, though you can't deny his ability to adapt in this.

He loved the shock tactics, but you can also see his love of classic technical designs. Gres, Vionnet, Alaïa, Montana, Mugler, Gigli, Ozbek...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hugsrat
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"