American / United States Fashion Schools

Do yo uhave to get the Associated before Bachelors at FIT?

I printed out their app and started filling it out. I think what it says is I need to apply for the associates and finish that before I can go for the Bachelors. is that true? if so, does that mean its 2 years for the associates and 2 more years for the bachelors totalling 4 years or would it be 2 for the associates and 4 for the bachelors for a total of 6!?

thanks!

edit: forgive the typos im in a bit of a rush this morning. :wink:

by all means if you get accepted to Parsons don't hesitate! it's one of the premier fashion schools in the country. B)

i have a few questions of my own if you don't mind...
what's the tuition there for a year in the undergraduate program?
is there any kind of scholarship for foreigner(if that's the word) students?

Last edited by a moderator:
When i was there, i was told with everything, including tuition, books, housing would come to 40,000/yr But i think they now offer scholarships. You should check their website www.parsons.edu

Help please

I heard somewhere that Parsons has what you call "rolling admissions" where you can apply whenever you want and then they will give you a decision accordingly. Does anyone know if this is true??? Because I'd like to apply as soon as possible. Any info would be great.

Seth C. said:
I printed out their app and started filling it out. I think what it says is I need to apply for the associates and finish that before I can go for the Bachelors. is that true? if so, does that mean its 2 years for the associates and 2 more years for the bachelors totalling 4 years or would it be 2 for the associates and 4 for the bachelors for a total of 6!?

thanks!

edit: forgive the typos im in a bit of a rush this morning. :wink:

I went to the FIT campus visit recently and they said 2 years for your associate and the 2 more years for your bachelors. I think that is awesome because I would love to do Fashion merchandsing for 2 years then advertising and communication for another two years

Oooh are you in Ryerson? Im planning to go there in about a year but i need some advice on someone whose already attending

I have a question about scholarships to FIT or any other fashion school. I have extremely high grades and test scores. I've also been/will be in a fashion program for 1/2 a day for 3 years. But I find that its extremely hard to find a scholarship that's based on academics. Are fashion school scholarships just based on artwork and sketches or do they also exist for academics?:cry::unsure:

J'aime_la_mode said:
I have a question about scholarships to FIT or any other fashion school. I have extremely high grades and test scores. I've also been/will be in a fashion program for 1/2 a day for 3 years. But I find that its extremely hard to find a scholarship that's based on academics. Are fashion school scholarships just based on artwork and sketches or do they also exist for academics?:cry::unsure:

I'm in the same boat as you and i was wondering the same thing!

Pratt Institute gives out a merit scholarship of like 10-15K per year based on your academics in high school. I believe you have to either have a 3.5 or 3.75 gpa to get it, and you automatically qualify if you turn in the scholarship application by the school's deadline.

Has anyone heard of Vesper George in Boston. It is/was? an art school but I can't find too much on it does anyone know anything about it, like is it still open, does it have fashion design courses?

jeffrey0806 said:
Pratt Institute gives out a merit scholarship of like 10-15K per year based on your academics in high school. I believe you have to either have a 3.5 or 3.75 gpa to get it, and you automatically qualify if you turn in the scholarship application by the school's deadline.

Thankyou so much!!! I have over a 3.75 gpa and I was considering Pratt! Thankyou:D

does anyone know someone who applied to Parsons and actually did not get in ??? Everyone I know who has applied has gotten in ( mind you that is only two people). I am wondering though if Parsons is not particulary picky and perhaps overatted?

ok i live here in los angeles and go to CSU northridge in northridge,ca.. i am in the fashion department apparel design and merchandising. are there any girls on here that go there??? please let me know i want some friends... i just moved here to LA i am lonely... no one to shop with...

hey... next summer i wanna move from germany to LA or NY and go to some fashion school... i don't really know which city to chose. so I NEED HELP!! :smile:

Vanessavz said:
does anyone know someone who applied to Parsons and actually did not get in ??? Everyone I know who has applied has gotten in ( mind you that is only two people). I am wondering though if Parsons is not particulary picky and perhaps overatted?

I'd like to know this too because I am applying and I need to know what my chances will be of not getting accepted.

parsons

lilsweetie said:
I'd like to know this too because I am applying and I need to know what my chances will be of not getting accepted.

hey.. i have been accepted to Parsons and starting pretty soon! but I did get the brush off from FIT.. they said the degree was full and I had to apply for next year. I applied for the AAS degree in both schools since I already have my BA in communications.

I had to take out a 30k loan for school.. the total cost of tution, costs of living etc is about 42k.. the dorm i'm living in is 11k for the year.. which is included in the price but still crazy expensive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianapalm
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->