Ann Demeulemeester S/S 05 Paris

Arturo21 said:
First time I've seen Ann D's collections, i'm really surprised to say, but I like what I've seen. Some pieces I just love, and some I don't care for. I like how she uses color, but I'm quite monochromatic, so I probably wouldn't wear any of hte orange things. Many of you are saying her previous collections were much better..I have to look at them then, because this one is quite nice. Thx, runner!
Check out F/W 04, for starters. I know there's a thread on it here if you do a search. Or actually, go to vogue.com. I think there's a good display of the collection there.

Anyhow, I don't feel this collection as much as most of her others. Go to Firstview and take a look at her older collections, too. http://www.firstview.com/alldesigners/AnnDemeulemeester.html

Last edited by a moderator:
xcoldricex said:
saw those boots today, amazing! there's a retailer in philadelphia called joan shepp (didn't like the store design at all... and no menswear :()

I :heart: that store. I wish they had menswear, but I doubt it'd sell in Philly. How much were they there?

TheSoCalledPrep said:
I thought I was going to be able to curb my 'need' for the Ann Dem boots... but that picture just ruined the whole thing... unfortunately I can never part with that much for boots now... I've got to think about the future and college.... :unsure:

Boooo!!! College is overrated! :lol:

i'll call and check faust. hopefully they don't sell and they go on sale... plus philly has no tax on clothes :smile: save you a good $100.

haha. i'm hoping my college education will fund my affinity for nice clothes....

xcoldricex said:
i'll call and check faust. hopefully they don't sell and they go on sale... plus philly has no tax on clothes :smile: save you a good $100.

haha. i'm hoping my college education will fund my affinity for nice clothes....

Thank you, sir! I hope so too.

faust said:
Boooo!!! College is overrated! :lol:

:rofl:

by the way, ann did some orange last spring too...

100118753.jpg

:doh:

TheSoCalledPrep said:
:rofl:

by the way, ann did some orange last spring too...

<please edit out images when responding to a post-thx...>

:doh:

Once again, you have to take these looks apart. Orange and black, for example, is one of the best color combinations, IMHO.

I personally love that last orange look posted. But I think it has a lot to do with how beautiful that model is.

talk about a price difference!

i called joan shepp today, those boots are $950 here- no tax!

but they only carry up to about a 39.5 which is about a 9.5 womens, 7.5 mens. they could probably order them, but that destroys the hope that they'll go on sale in my size :(

for future ref. does her shoes run big, or true to size? i'm generaly a 9 mens (42?), with a slightly wide foot- so i wear anything from a 9-10 in nikes.

Thx, AlexN, I checked the links and I looked at her collections. I like her work, especially menswear. I see a very masculine edge in her women's clothing as well, a lot of it I could see on men, but she hasn't lost her feminine side. I like.

xcoldricex said:
talk about a price difference!

i called joan shepp today, those boots are $950 here- no tax!

but they only carry up to about a 39.5 which is about a 9.5 womens, 7.5 mens. they could probably order them, but that destroys the hope that they'll go on sale in my size :(

for future ref. does her shoes run big, or true to size? i'm generaly a 9 mens (42?), with a slightly wide foot- so i wear anything from a 9-10 in nikes.
Oh, I'm excited now! $950 isn't bad. Will people buy them there? Do you think they'll go on sale? They actually run big, so a 39.5 would be more like a men's 8 to 8.5. So I'm there!!!!!

Just thought I'd post some more detail shots. I like this collection more and more the longer I look at it...

00010f.jpg
00040f.jpg
00100f.jpg

00150f.jpg
00190f.jpg
00280f.jpg

I love the boots, especially the look of the leather. Thx, AlexN.

I love those boots so much....Thanks for the pics Alex!

You're welcome, guys. I'm getting more and more excited to get them at some point. It looks like you could style them so many different ways!

AlexN said:
Oh, I'm excited now! $950 isn't bad. Will people buy them there? Do you think they'll go on sale? They actually run big, so a 39.5 would be more like a men's 8 to 8.5. So I'm there!!!!!

boo. i need a 9. i was actually really really surprised when i saw that store just walking by. people in philadelphia generally don't dress too well. i'd say you'd probably catch them on sale, but i'm not a totally reliable source.

you could buy them now! haha. after returning the lmaltieri coat and missing out on the riding boots.. these are yours! go get em! ^_^

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->